Viking Age Hauberk
Greetings!

I've been on the search for a hauberk, but they all seem pretty huge. I'm just looking for a nice simple hauberk to wear around, it doesn't have to stand up to a beating. I have a 36 inch chest and from my shoulder to my knees is 45". Ideally the coat would be a half-sleeve, with the the bottom of the hauberk reaching to about mid-thigh or knees. Has anybody found a chainmail hauberk close to these dimensions online before?

Just curious,

P.F.
getdressedforbattle.co.uk has a whole range of sizes. Did you chek there?
Huberk
You could always look here too. Very affordable solid/riveted combination maille.

www.capapie.co.uk/

best
Dave
Kult of Athena:

http://kultofathena.com/armor-body.asp

and Icefalcon:

http://store.fastcommerce.com/icefalcon/top-q...183-c.html

also have maille in numerous sizes at fairly reasonable prices. Good luck.
Thank you gentlemen, if I was to buy a hauberk with full sleeves would there be any way to shorten them? Maybe a hardcore chisel and hammer? I understand they're not very strong
P. F. Benson wrote:
Thank you gentlemen, if I was to buy a hauberk with full sleeves would there be any way to shorten them? Maybe a hardcore chisel and hammer? I understand they're not very strong

A good pair of wire cutters works fine. I tailored a riveted maille haubergeon from icefalcon with them, and had no issues.
Ian S LaSpina wrote:
P. F. Benson wrote:

A good pair of wire cutters works fine. I tailored a riveted maille haubergeon from icefalcon with them, and had no issues.

Thanks man!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: