Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Longship Line Celtic Wolf-style Sword aka Morrigan Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 20 Nov, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Longship Line Celtic Wolf-style Sword aka Morrigan         Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Check out the Morrigan, our Celtic Wolf style sword for the Longship Line! This one has the production fittings with a custom-ordered blunt blade/grip size for stage use.

Also here's the prototype for the Longship Line Longsword with 47" total. It's prototype due to the steel master fittings. Etching on the pommel was a custom option. Specs later tonight.

So, thoughts? Laughing Out Loud

Attachment: 157.28 KB
DSCF0015 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 164.12 KB
DSCF0016 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 77.04 KB
DSCF0019 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 89.47 KB
DSCF0021 (Medium).JPG

Bryan W.

PostPosted: Sun 20 Nov, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Amazing work as usual John. Im sure this line will be a great success and a gift for all.
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looking great as usual John. Think the Longship Line is going to be a winner.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I like them both but might be tempted by the Morrigan as I have few " fantasy " swords and I don't mind straying away a bit from historical designs when the design is appealing and the quality in materials and workmanship is also very high.

You may have mentioned it before in other Topics about the Longship line but what do you think will be the price range for this line ?

Oh, will some type of basic scabbard be available for this line ?

Also when will these or others of the Longship Line be available ?

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very nice artistic interpretations.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Matthew G.M. Korenkiewicz

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
.... I like them both but might be tempted by the Morrigan as I have few " fantasy "
swords and I don't mind straying away a bit from historical designs when the
design is appealing and the quality in materials and workmanship is also very high ....

While this may be off the topic of Mr. Lundemo's attractive creation, JT's comment called to mind
an observation fired at me regarding one of my swords -- The Mehmet, also made by Mr. Lundemo.
The author of said observation appeared to me to suggest my sword was more " fantasy " than
" historical " --- ( sidenote : No, JT, it wasn't anything you've written ; NOR was the comment passed
to me taken in a negative way ; it was the gent's what I believe to have been sincere observation is
all ... ) ...

To let the rest of the wind out'a my bag, what criteria might qualify ANY sword as a fantasy sword ? If
one of those criteria ( criterium ? B-) .. ) is unusual decorative ornateness, for instance; haven't we all
seen pictures of overly ornamental, jewel-encrusted swords from just about every era imaginable that
might fit the bill ?

In fact, could it be said that any sword, at one time or another, ornamental or not, was a fantasy sword ?
Furthermore, couldn't it be suggested ANY sword made in OUR modern times, regardless of historical
measurements and likenesses IS a " fantasy sword " ?
Justin H. Núñez

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John those are some wonderful weapons there!
"Nothing in fencing is really difficult, it just takes work." - Aldo Nadi
Adam Bohnstengel

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very nice looking swords there! I especially like the pommel on the longsword. Is that eagle meant to be from the Holy Roman Empire?
Violence is the supreme authority from which all other authority is derived.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

Feedback score: 100%
(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Matthew G.M. Korenkiewicz wrote:

While this may be off the topic of Mr. Lundemo's attractive creation, JT's comment called to mind
an observation fired at me regarding one of my swords -- The Mehmet, also made by Mr. Lundemo.
The author of said observation appeared to me to suggest my sword was more " fantasy " than
" historical " --- ( sidenote : No, JT, it wasn't anything you've written ; NOR was the comment passed
to me taken in a negative way ; it was the gent's what I believe to have been sincere observation is
all ... ) ...

Matthew,
Not only is this off-topic, discussion on this subject might overshadow John's product announcement. The Makers and Manufacturers Talk Forum is more a place for announcements and showing off new stuff than it is for discussion.

Please post this topic in one of our other forums for discussion.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Marik C.S.

PostPosted: Tue 22 Nov, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Adam Bohnstengel wrote:
Very nice looking swords there! I especially like the pommel on the longsword. Is that eagle meant to be from the Holy Roman Empire?

The Holy Roman Eagle has two heads, this looks more like the modern eagle in the german coat of arms as it is found on the 1-Mark piece before we got the Euro.

I love that wolf sword, could we get more stats on that blade?
Looks quite wide and heavy to me, either that or it is far shorter then I imagine it to be.

Europe - Where the History comes from. - Eddie Izzard
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Marik C.S. wrote:
Adam Bohnstengel wrote:

The Holy Roman Eagle has two heads, this looks more like the modern eagle in the german coat of arms as it is found on the 1-Mark piece before we got the Euro.

I love that wolf sword, could we get more stats on that blade?
Looks quite wide and heavy to me, either that or it is far shorter then I imagine it to be.
That blade was made custom for an actor and it is a blunt. The grip looks too long to me for that blade but the balance was great at 4" and the total weight was 3lbs and 3 ounces. The ones I'm making now are all sharpies unless otherwise requested and would run 44" total length or so. The longsword there is a sharpie. at 3lbs and 9 ounces, 4" balance from guard, 13" from tip sweet spot. The blade is 36 3/4" and the total length is 47" with 7 1/2" grip of woodcore with raisers and cord and thin leather wrap. The saber looks great as well with Fishtail. The wolf sword hilt can fit most any style blade made right here at Odins. I'm doing a single handed version with a typeX blade but it would go great with a saber as well. The weights are close in the new hilt types so different combinations are not problem to balance out mint, so you can get wild with styles and colors even burl grips. Once I get the different blades ready, there would be a two week turn around for mounting a custom blade or grip. Other than that I hope to have some selections premade to my specs for in stock sales, which would go out immediately. They will be priced to fly, please PM me for details Thanks

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Longship Line Celtic Wolf-style Sword aka Morrigan
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic