Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

That was the same problem that I had.

More Glue and glue on the sides of the boxes should serve to hold it in place.
Thomas Jason wrote:

This is something that I am going to look into... We are supposed to be gluing the inserts on the bottom and the back side of the insert. Was yours like this Michael? Did it have glue on the bottom and the back side of the insert?
Michael Sigman wrote:
Thomas Jason wrote:

This is something that I am going to look into... We are supposed to be gluing the inserts on the bottom and the back side of the insert. Was yours like this Michael? Did it have glue on the bottom and the back side of the insert?

Yes, it was glued on the bottom and back side. The back side was completely broken away on arrival. Maybe some sort of pin arrangment?

BTW, the sword is magnificent. My thanks to you and your crew!

Michael
Mine only had 2 small dots of glue on the bottom of the foam. Sadly the glue hadn't bonded ata all with the paper of the box.

Perhaps using a glue that has deeper penetration would help as well.
I will be looking into a solution to this. Thanks for the information guys.
HI Mike,

I took a closer look at the foam block.... MOST of the glue didn't bond with the box at all. At least some of this is due to the foam block not being square, and some looks like the foam melted a bit from the glue (is it hot glue?). I might suggest using a glue like Gorilla Glue which foams up a bit to fill voids and ensure contact.

Here are some pics:

Mike Smith

Attachment: 110.8 KB
PA200002.jpg

Attachment: 98.26 KB
PA200003.jpg

Attachment: 94.98 KB
PA200004.jpg

Michael P Smith wrote:
HI Mike,

I took a closer look at the foam block.... MOST of the glue didn't bond with the box at all. At least some of this is due to the foam block not being square, and some looks like the foam melted a bit from the glue (is it hot glue?). I might suggest using a glue like Gorilla Glue which foams up a bit to fill voids and ensure contact. Mike Smith

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a sample of it coming to see if that will work out. I really appreciate the thought bud.
Hi Mike,
I have ordered Jody Samson's "The Lord Broadsword" and am currently paying it in installments. It should be paid in full on November 15th or so. Someone posted a thread elsewhere regarding insurance when shipping swords. Are Albion's swords insured when shipped, or is it something we should request extra?
If this topic is not considered to fit in with this thread, feel free to PM me instead...
Glen S. Ramsay wrote:
Hi Mike,
I have ordered Jody Samson's "The Lord Broadsword" and am currently paying it in installments. It should be paid in full on November 15th or so. Someone posted a thread elsewhere regarding insurance when shipping swords. Are Albion's swords insured when shipped, or is it something we should request extra?
If this topic is not considered to fit in with this thread, feel free to PM me instead...

We insure all of the packages that go out. :-) So you are safe there bud.
Excellent!
Thanks, Mike!
Got a really long white box while I was away on vacation... sure enough, there was the Sovereign. ;)

It seems the foam inserts are sturdy... I'll go over it again when I'm not feeling like crud. Achoo! :eek:
:( <---Jealous of you and your new Sovereign,

:) <---But happy for you! :D

(You're gonna post pics, right?)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: