Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Which Lutel? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
T. Devon Sharkey

PostPosted: Thu 03 Nov, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Which Lutel?         Reply with quote

Greetings all,

I lead a troupe of Landsknecht reenactors and we have, over the years, purchased a fair number of Lutel weapons to outfit the group. Recently we added some new members and attempted to go back to Lutel to get some more hardware, and now see the split that has been the topic of some discussions. I have read the past threads and was hoping for an update.

My question is, has anyone purchased from the two new incarnations of Lutel? If so, has everything arrived in an acceptable manner with the same good scabbards, etc? In short, which Lutel would the various members recommend us going to for a purchase?

Thanks in advance!
Alexander Lambrinos

PostPosted: Thu 03 Nov, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The original Lutel that is world famous is http://www.lutel-handicraft.com/ that is the only one I would order from.
T. Devon Sharkey

PostPosted: Thu 03 Nov, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alexander Lambrinos wrote:
The original Lutel that is world famous is http://www.lutel-handicraft.com/ that is the only one I would order from.

That was my inclination. Have you ordered from them since this schism began?
Toke Krebs Niclasen

PostPosted: Thu 03 Nov, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have ordered from lutel.eu several weeks ago, paid and not heard anything since. Mad
Mirek Macek

PostPosted: Thu 03 Nov, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"Old" Lutel is here http://lutel-handicraft.com/ . I ordered a single handed sword in August this year and the sword was finished in six weeks. Dealing with them was sheer pleasure as Mr. Krasl replied all my questions within 48 hours. They respected all my requests even if I changed something during the construction of my sword after we had agreed on all details and on price. I decided to pick my sword personally, because I don't live far from Opava (town where their company is based). I had a chance to speak with three craftsmen personally and their story was really unbelievable. I’m not going to present it here as everything has already been explained by Jan Krasl.

You can see my sword on this thread: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=132&start=946

Last edited by Mirek Macek on Thu 03 Nov, 2011 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Christopher Lee

PostPosted: Thu 03 Nov, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mirek Macek wrote:
"Old" Lutel is here http://lutel-handicraft.com/ . I ordered a single handed sword in August this year and the sword was finished in six weeks. Dealing with them was sheer pleasure as Mr. Krasl replied all my questions within 48 hours. They respected all my requests even if I changed something during the construction of my sword after we had had agreed on all details and on price. I decided to pick my sword personally, because I don't live far from Opava (town where their company is based). I had a chance to speak with three craftsmen personally and their story was really unbelievable. I’m not going to present it here as everything has already been explained by Jan Krasl.

You can see my sword on this thread: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=132&start=946

Can only agree, Lutel-handicraft are a pleasure to deal with; great communications and always willing to discuss any minor detail. Choose these guys!!
William Carew

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Another recommendation here for lutel-handicraft.

I ordered a blunt 15008 hand-and-a-half (i.e. a longsword) in early August 2011 and received it on time in late October.

I'm really pleased with the sword. The fit and finish is excellent - I asked for blackened fittings and the result is very handsome. The sword is quite solid and substantial yet handles very well.

My only issue was that for a 'fencing blunt' the sword came with a real (sharp) point and the blunt edges have a squared off finish - some time with sander or file can fix this, but it is annoying to have to apply these finishing touches yourself before you feel confident using the sword for HEMA training.

That is a minor gripe though. I love the sword and will be ordering another. Wink

Cheers

Bill

Attachment: 145.6 KB
L1.jpg

Attachment: 169.71 KB
L2.jpg

Attachment: 183.56 KB
L3.jpg

Bill Carew
Jogo do Pau Brisbane
COLLEGIUM IN ARMIS

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Which Lutel?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic