Upgraded Smallsword
This is a smallsword that I just made for our dealer at the Ohio Ren Fest yesterday. I think it is also a good example of an upgraded stock item from us. This is based off of our short rapier blade.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Blade length : 33.5"
Pommel : spiral fluted acorn
Grip: spiral fluted tigerstripe maple from B.C. Rich(http://www.bcrich.com/) with antiqued finish
Plate : Our standard smallsword plate with hand chisel work
Hilt : Our standard smallsword trainer hilt with hand chisel work

For more pictures of this smallsword please visit out site : http://imakeswords.com/spiralsmallsword.htm

Comments always welcome!

-Matt
I'll be at the Ohio Ren Fest on Sunday, so if its still there I'd love to take a look at it! From the pictures it looks amazing.
Cool Jimmy. Look for it at the Legacy Forge booth. Thanks for the kind words. I think you will agree that it looks much better in person.
Nice work Matt, as always.
Good stuff Matt! Nice wood work and pommel.

How heavy is it?
Thanks Ben. It's been a fun year. It's not to hard for it be better then last, but its been good.

Bryan, I Didnt have time to grab a wieght on this. It was quite light and swift in the hand. I added a little distal to the already light rapier blade. I will see if my dealer can grab a wieght on it before the weekend.
I had the good fortune to handle this sword earlier today, and I have to say, she looks (and feels!) even better in person. I particularly loved the twisted wood hilt, simple but it looks great.

Great work!
Thanks Jimmy,

I felt the same way too. Looked and felt much better then the pics showed. Mr. Dubro will be at our shop this evening for a week of forging, so it will be nice to hear from him how the crowd reacted on this and other new items.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: