Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Yushman Project Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next 
William P

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Romulus Stoica wrote:
Quote:
... I have a daughter born just a month ago and she takes me almost all of my time and attention.

Congratulations! I know perfectly what you feel, I have a daughter too, 1 year and 9 months old. Her favourite book is a small illustrated encyclopedia of weapons and armor Happy ...I would like to hear more about your bazubands. I want to make some too.

WTF?! Question really? wow... thats a pleasent surprise, just goes to show what kids are capable of getting absorbed in, Cool
Don H.

PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Boris Petrov Bedrosov wrote:
Hi, all forum-mates!

I want to apologize for my silence, but I have a daughter born just a month ago and she takes me almost all of my time and attention.
Now, I consider to speed up with this project in order to finish it around the begging of November for our annual recreation of the Battle of Varna, 1444

Please let me add my late congratulations. Daughters are wonderful they make you look at the world in a different way. My grandson is going to be two in November and his favorite books are ones with horses, swords, and dragons. He loves my military history magazines and he makes up stories from the pictures.

Your armor is fantastic! It is a beautiful work of art and love. Do you ride a horse as Mehmet? Do you have any pictures if you do? I would love to see more of your gear and such. Does your wife take part as well? Do you have pictures from past events?

Sincerely,
Don Hoban
Forks, WA.
Boris Bedrosov
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My best masterpiece ever

The Dad's princess just after her Presentation at the Temple (which, according to the Eastern Orthodox tradition is made forty days after the child's birth). This is also the time when traditionally, the newborn is first shown to the other people (different from parents and close relatives)

"Everyone who has the right to wear a long sword, has to remember that his sword is his soul,
and he has to separate from it when he separates from his life"
Tokugawa Ieyasu

Find my works on Facebook:
Boris Bedrosov's Armoury

Last edited by Boris Bedrosov on Fri 23 Sep, 2011 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yes, your best work yet. Big Grin Cool

Congratulations and you must be very happy and proud as she looks like an angel. Happy

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Luke Zechman

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations Boris... She looks beautiful! You shall have to fashion her some armor as well. Happy
Sam Gordon Campbell

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 23 Sep, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My best masterpiece ever

I love the level of detail. It looks so real! Laughing Out Loud

Congrats though, I wish her all the best!

Member of Australia's Stoccata School of Defence since 2008.
Host of Crash Course HEMA.
Founder of The Van Dieman's Land Stage Gladiators.
Sander Marechal

Reading list: 17 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 23 Sep, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations! She's a masterpiece indeed!
The Knights Hospitaller: http://www.hospitaalridders.nl
Charlotte M.

PostPosted: Fri 23 Sep, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations! And she's indeed a masterpiece!
Lukas Schramm

PostPosted: Fri 23 Sep, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations!

Good work there! Wink
Boris Bedrosov
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 23 Sep, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: The Bazubands - Continue         Reply with quote

Thank you very much indeed, friends!

Recently, trying to maintain good pace on the project, I am working over the bazubands.
This picture here

shows the left one test-fitted with the glove, maile-gauntlet and the padding from the inside. Unfortunately, I can't provide a picture of the bazuband from the inside - I disassembled the test-fit to quickly. Really sorry Mad - the baby occupies not only almost all of my time, but almost all of my mind also Laughing Out Loud Big Grin Laughing Out Loud

As some sort of compensation - here is an image from the inside of "the real thing" - an original bazubands, once belonged to someone Karim-Khan Zand-Zandiyeh. Although, a later variant (about 16th C) with smaller plates, connected with maile, the view is really what it has to be - and what I want to achieve with mine.

And the following images show the bazuband put on my arm.

The white straps are adhesive paper tape Laughing Out Loud . Note also that the maile is not attached to the padding yet.

"Everyone who has the right to wear a long sword, has to remember that his sword is his soul,
Tokugawa Ieyasu

Boris Bedrosov's Armoury
Tibor Szebenyi

PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Beautiful! Both Your daughter and Your armour.
My son was born in January, so I understand when You have little time for armour making. Wink

Here is my little family:
http://nomadok.gportal.hu/picview.php?prt=953...p;index=21

What will You wear under the armour? Do You have some kind of gambeson? I had some difficulties with the bazubands. They tended to move on my wrist, making unable to rotate my hand, especially after quick, strong movements, like hitting with the saber's hilt or riding the horse fast. Then I started to use a "gambeson-like" cloth with long arms. It is better, when I fasten the bazubands around my arm and this long sleeve tightly, the sleeve keeps them in place, but not perfectly. What is Your experience?
Boris Bedrosov
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: The Bazubands - Continue         Reply with quote

The buckles and straps for the bazubands

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Boris Bedrosov's Armoury
Gregory J. Liebau

PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very glad to see that this project is still coming along, Boris. The bazubands look gorgeous. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! Very exciting news. I hope she is well. Happy

-Gregory
Boris Bedrosov
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some unanswered questions:

To William P
I will use turban-style helmet, which was more typical for the period, compared with the zichagge style. Actually, at that time (the middle of 15th C.) the zichagge just have made its appearance and its forms were quite rudimentary, far away from the excellent 16th C examples. The helmet will look like that on the image, provided by Maurizio D'Angelo in the very begging of the topic.
Its blank is made right now by a friend of mine, who wants to practice with its forms. This of course, DOES NOT mean that I'm unable to do it, but he just makes me a favour, while practicing.

It is true about the armoured boots. There is a perfect example of such in The Royal Armouries, Leeds UK and it caught my eye as a potential item in the initial planning phase of the project. Unfortunately, this boot s from the 16th C (I'm not sure about exact period - first half or middle, but its definitely out of the period of my reconstruction).

To Don H.
All in all, I have ridden once a horse and once a camel. During the events I fight as infantry. You can see picture from different events here

http://www.snimka.bg/?profile,albums

just browse through the albums. Please, bear in mind, that I take pictures relatively rare during the events.

To Tibor
Under the armour I wear a padded kaftan. You can see it on the very first picture of the topic. Just bear in mind that this picture was taken in 2007, but the last year I re-worked it and now the kaftan is a little bit thicker.
About the bazubands - my experience shows that this tendency of slipping down exsists virtually for every type of arm protection and the bazubands are not exception.

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Boris Bedrosov's Armoury
William P

PostPosted: Tue 27 Sep, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some unanswered questions:

To William P
I will use turban-style helmet, which was more typical for the period, compared with the zichagge style. Actually, at that time (the middle of 15th C.) the zichagge just have made its appearance and its forms were quite rudimentary, far away from the excellent 16th C examples. The helmet will look like that on the image, provided by Maurizio D'Angelo in the very begging of the topic.
Its blank is made right now by a friend of mine, who wants to practice with its forms. This of course, DOES NOT mean that I'm unable to do it, but he just makes me a favour, while practicing.

It is true about the armoured boots. There is a perfect example of such in The Royal Armouries, Leeds UK and it caught my eye as a potential item in the initial planning phase of the project. Unfortunately, this boot s from the 16th C (I'm not sure about exact period - first half or middle, but its definitely out of the period of my reconstruction).

To Don H.
All in all, I have ridden once a horse and once a camel. During the events I fight as infantry. You can see picture from different events here

http://www.snimka.bg/?profile,albums

just browse through the albums. Please, bear in mind, that I take pictures relatively rare during the events.

To Tibor
Under the armour I wear a padded kaftan. You can see it on the very first picture of the topic. Just bear in mind that this picture was taken in 2007, but the last year I re-worked it and now the kaftan is a little bit thicker.
About the bazubands - my experience shows that this tendency of slipping down exsists virtually for every type of arm protection and the bazubands are not exception.

I Just looked up the turban helmet... ..need i speculate that your going to be as scary as hell in that thing. though my 10th C rus helm isnt too far from the mark especially when i extend the ventail so that it covers pretty much everything but the eyes
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...highlight=
Boris Bedrosov
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 30 Sep, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: The Bazubands - Continue         Reply with quote

The buckles

and the straps

are riveted to the plates of the bazuband.
Another three shots

I know, it's possible a question - if this is the correct disposition of the buckles and straps, to arise. I also had these doubts, but this historical piece

gives the answer - buckles inside and straps outside.
Another closer (and more cropped) image, showing the buckles and straps:

Finally, two images of the padding with already sewn on it maile-gaunlet
* front

** and back

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Boris Bedrosov's Armoury
William P

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: The Bazubands - Continue         Reply with quote

The buckles

and the straps

are riveted to the plates of the bazuband.
Another three shots

I know, it's possible a question - if this is the correct disposition of the buckles and straps, to arise. I also had these doubts, but this historical piece

gives the answer - buckles inside and straps outside.
Another closer (and more cropped) image, showing the buckles and straps:

Finally, two images of the padding with already sewn on it maile-gaunlet
* front

** and back

image of that bauzeband with 3 pieces integrated with the gauntlet reminds me ALOT of the samurai kote, funnily enough..
again. masterful. though ill be honest even a lesser job would have left me amazed so im not the BEST judge of whether what you do is super excellent or not. i just like the look of it.
Boris Bedrosov
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

To me, the maile-gauntlet is very similar in shape to kotte (the samurai gauntlet).

But it's normal, I think.
You probably know the same problem often brings similar solutions.

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Boris Bedrosov's Armoury
William P

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

To me, the maile-gauntlet is very similar in shape to kotte (the samurai gauntlet).

But it's normal, I think.
You probably know the same problem often brings similar solutions.

in biology its called convergent evolution..

someone has i think asked this question but what sword will you have?
Paul Greathouse

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

congradulations Boris! As a new father of a beautiful baby girl I can understand how that takes precedence over projects like this. I have been following this thread for a long time and I am thuroughly impressed! thank you for adding so much to this site!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Yushman Project
Page 11 of 26 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: