CLUNY Museum "The Sword - Uses, Myths and Symbols"
Here's the video, I hope you like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSfBG7NpB-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4fKwo4cAEg
You, sir, have quite a steady hand to manage all those smooth tracking shots along the blades. :eek: :D

Thank you so much for posting this! It filled out some gaps in my memory from my own visit and answered some nagging questions I had. I can't tell you how glad I am to see the inlaid blade at 2:35 again--I had been kicking myself for not taking a full-length picture while I was there, but it turns out I did! I just couldn't see the inlay when I zoomed out. :lol:

Anyway, a great comprehensive walk-through. There is nothing like seeing such swords in-person, and to have so many special ones in one room is a rare treat. The video does a great job of showing how intimate and fascinating the space is there. An exhibit well worth visiting.
Zach Luna wrote:
You, sir, have quite a steady hand to manage all those smooth tracking shots along the blades. :eek: :D

Thank you so much for posting this! It filled out some gaps in my memory from my own visit and answered some nagging questions I had. I can't tell you how glad I am to see the inlaid blade at 2:35 again--I had been kicking myself for not taking a full-length picture while I was there, but it turns out I did! I just couldn't see the inlay when I zoomed out. :lol:

Anyway, a great comprehensive walk-through. There is nothing like seeing such swords in-person, and to have so many special ones in one room is a rare treat. The video does a great job of showing how intimate and fascinating the space is there. An exhibit well worth visiting.

I agree doing this kind of shooting for close to 15 minutes at a time is a lot more tiring than people may realize as well as lingering enough on what is interesting and moving from thing to thing without making the viewers " dizzy ".

In some ways an edited version of this could be better but that would mean maybe using a tripod, shooting relatively fixed shots with just a little zooming and panning, but this would only work if you got permission to set up properly and planned the shooting in advance. ( Not a criticism by the way as you did a great job of it, and in some ways this feels a lot more like sharing the experience of being there and your image " stability " is really outstanding when done in this fashion. Note I worked in industrial T.V. for 25 years and I can appreciate the difficulty. ;) :D :cool: ).
I wish I had time to edit it, but sadly life has been a bit crazy.

I do have HD versions that capture some detail better, but could not find a place to upload it properly.
around 4:47 of part 2 their is a video of men in armor, what was that video about and what did they do in it?
Michael Curl wrote:
around 4:47 of part 2 their is a video of men in armor, what was that video about and what did they do in it?

It showed some armored fighting and demonstrated that a full plate harness is not clumsy in any way. That video is on youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q&am...r_embedded
Thom Jason wrote:
I wish I had time to edit it, but sadly life has been a bit crazy.

I do have HD versions that capture some detail better, but could not find a place to upload it properly.

Editing is only as general suggestion to take out the in between stuff when refocusing or panning looking for something worth shooting but like I said in this case with a steady hand this Video has certain charms in itself by making one feel as if one really there and the swords and exhibit where very much worth seeing.

Look at it in the way " Cloverfields " was shot and shown on the big screen. ;) :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: