Squire Line Late 13th Century Great Sword - Mark II
We took another look at the Squire Line Great Sword and decided to give it an upgrade - more like its NextGen cousin, The Baron, but simpler in design and finish.

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/sq...rd-MII.htm
[ Linked Image ]

We are also looking at other potential offerings in the Squire Line in the near future - perhaps a XVa...

Best,

Howy
Oh, that's neat. It looks really, really good.
Looks good!

May I suggest a Hospitaller-esque type XI for the Squire Line?
Dave Calhoun wrote:
Looks good!

I would buy that.
Umm doesn't the squireline already have a XVa? Not that I would be opposed to one of the agincourt/talhoffer/fiore/ringeck based design mind you (because I like them hehe), but it seems odd to have two XVa before a lot of other sword designs even make a show in the line. Course I assume you guys make your more popular next gen sword designs into squires and if that is the next most popular choice, it does make sense. As for some suggestions...maybe a squire line gladius? It is a general era that isn't there...but not sure how popular your gladius are compared to other swords tho. A X or XI also makes sense. One of the XIV would also be nice. A XVI(a) or XVIII(a) and you have most of the basic eras of interests covered I think unless somebody has any other ideas :) .
Howie, it's nice to see a post from you here.

As for the new XVa, I guess you want a complement to the Talhoffer/Agincourt type. Still, I'd rather see a Squire line XVIII or XVIIIb first.
Luka Borscak wrote:
Dave Calhoun wrote:
Looks good!

I would buy that.

It would be of interest to me as well.
Let me add my suggestion that requests for additional items and whatnot are perhaps better left for topics not related to the announcement of a new product.

Celebrate the victories, guys. This is about the only way to encourage makers to keep innovating.
Howy (or Peter if you are listening ;) ), can you please give us a bit more info on the changes you did to the mk1?

Thanks. :)
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Let me add my suggestion that requests for additional items and whatnot are perhaps better left for topics not related to the announcement of a new product.

Celebrate the victories, guys. This is about the only way to encourage makers to keep innovating.

You know I read that last bit that Howy said to mean as an invitation to suggestion. If not, terribly sorry about the unwanted advice. And of course I just realize that i did not mention how much better new sword is...which may have made my post seem overly critical. That wasn't my intent.
this is a very nice and clean looking sword. very attractive. congrats on the excellent work from the Albion team. I like the looks of it.
Nathan was correct and I am remiss in not saying that is a great looking piece Howie. THough I though the same as P. Cha in thinking that suggestions were welcome as well in this thread. I am also curious as to what changes have been made in the upgrade from the mk1 version.
Scott Kowalski wrote:
I am also curious as to what changes have been made in the upgrade from the mk1 version.

Why not check out the many photos in our review of the MK I version to see what the old version looked like? :) The blade looks fairly similar, but the pommel is more like the Baron's (without the cross) as is the guard. The hilt is much less generic and is more detailed on the upgraded version.
That looks great - I like it much better than the first version and the price point is quite attractive. It's nice to hear from you here - I feel like the discussions generated by your posts are quite interesting and I enjoy hearing the opinions of a more specific audience.
Quote:

I agree Nathan, except that this:

Quote:
We are also looking at other potential offerings in the Squire Line in the near future -

was in the OP.

Again, great looking sword, Howie! Keep it up!
Looks almost as good as my Duke.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: