Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pyry Veteli wrote:
A flashlight of suitable proportions and made of sturdy enough material should be legal pretty much anywhere, and serve as a ad hoc batton/dagger. If powerfull enough, the light itself can be useful 'weapon' too.

Yeah, the larger Maglites are kinda (in)famous for this.
I got one of the new Maglites with the LED and yeah, that sucker is bright. I could easily see how you could hold it at the light end while propping it up on your shoulder (like Vom Tag) to shine the light in their eyes, then bludgeon them with the heavier battery end. I know I wouldn't wanna get hit with it and would prefer it to this cobbled together nightstand thing.
Simon G. wrote:
This is inventive but pretty useless. I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a self-defense weapon that's convenient (and legal) to carry.

A full bottle of water, a rolled-up glossy magazine or a heavy backpack.

The first two are for parrying, the last is for a distraction while you run.
Re: Pretty awesome self defense night stand
Zach Gordon wrote:
Designed to come apart into a club and buckler... a modern self defense night stand with medieval inspiration
http://www.thefunctionkey.com/2009/01/self-defense-nightstand/

Pretty awesome, I definitely want one!

Z

:D :D :D

May get around the "Laws" in some counties, But I live in USA. & on my nightstand is a .357 mag * a 12 ga beside the bed Sorry but a blade, a club does not "compute" for PD in the home. ( BGs in my world carry guns)
Re: Pretty awesome self defense night stand
Jack W. Englund wrote:
Zach Gordon wrote:
Designed to come apart into a club and buckler... a modern self defense night stand with medieval inspiration
http://www.thefunctionkey.com/2009/01/self-defense-nightstand/

Pretty awesome, I definitely want one!

Z

:D :D :D

May get around the "Laws" in some counties, But I live in USA. & on my nightstand is a .357 mag * a 12 ga beside the bed Sorry but a blade, a club does not "compute" for PD in the home. ( BGs in my world carry guns)

Exactly; that’s why I have a .45 ACP in my bedroom lock box. This night stand thing is little more than a conversation piece. Unless the….table top is capable of deflecting bullets I wouldn’t stake anyone’s safety on it in a home invasion situation.

But it is amusing.
:cool:
I am so making myself a mace version of this. Nice find. Easy to do.
Well, if you're gonna make one, here's one quick, obvious improvement over the original: the peg that connects the "buckler" to the "club" should be fixed to the club instead of the buckler. That way you can have a proper center grip for the buckler (with a hole in the middle for the peg to pass through), and also make the club into a passable goedendag. Also makes grabbing them in a hurry somewhat easier.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: