Anyone brought this book? [Wallace Collection book]
Hey, I'm new here so not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I think this is right....

I was just wondering if anyone here had brought the Wallace Collections '"The Wallace Collection" - A Celebration of Arms and Armour at Hertford House' book by Carlo Paggiarino. [Hardback with dust jacket 320pp , 245 x 315mm]

I looked at it last time I visited the collection, and really liked it, but didn't get it as the price at the time was too much for me. It's still too much for me now [being a poor art student haha] but I am thinking of splashing out some christmas money on it.

I was just wondering if anyone had got it and what they thought of it as a book.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or something else wrong...
Check this out: The Wallace Collection

At this moment, it's only in five reading lists and there's only one review, but it's a start.
Hi There
I have the book in question and by any measure it is superb. :cool: Just don't expect it to deliver a lot of technical information. This is very definitely an "art" book with close up pictures of astounding technical and artistic quality. Well worth owning. :)
Phil
I got it as well. It's a fantastic book for what it is. If you are looking for information about armours, armouring end such you will be dissapointed since this is basically a catalog af items from the Wallace collection. However, if you want good photograps of armour it's definately for you! Some of the most awesome pictures of armour presented as a book on art. And that's what it is. An artbook, but with the subject of arms and armour.

If you like beautiful pictures and armour, this is for you!
It looks like my taste I love beautiful pics and photos. but the problem is I cant find it on any online bookstore, can anyone help me access to it? where can I find it? Thanks!
Mrak E.Smith wrote:
It looks like my taste I love beautiful pics and photos. but the problem is I cant find it on any online bookstore, can anyone help me access to it? where can I find it? Thanks!

You can buy it direct from the publisher: http://www.hansprunner.com/ . They also have Carlo's Churburg book.
The book is still available from the Wallace Collection shop http://www.wallacecollection.org/templates/tm...oductid=74

Still 100 pounds though :wtf:
Phil
Thanks
Thank you everybody =)

I think I will be investing in it then. It should go well in my book collection, I do admit that most of my books tend to be more image-heavy than text-heavy, as I just really enjoy looking at stuff and find it helps inspire my work more than trying to imagine stuff through descriptions.

Not that I don't enjoy information and text as well of course!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: