Need help finding info/pics of Harness
Hello all,

Iv been looking for pics for a reproduction harness, that belonged to Tobias Capwell for a VERY long time now, and thought I would ask the knowledgeable myArmoury folks if anyone has any info :D Im basing my harness mostly on this one and need as many different angles as possible :cool:

All I know is that it was made by Robert McPherson and it was Tobias Capwell's first harness. I first saw this harness on the mini series Weapons that Made Britain, and ever since then Iv been trying to find more pictures (or video) for reference. It was rumored that this harness was sold to one of the interpreters at the Royal Armouries in Leeds. That is all that iv been able to find out about it

Below are some pictures I have captured from the show, as well as one I recently came across from a friend.

Thanks in advance!
-Reece

Attachment: 39.26 KB
Gothic German196.jpg

Attachment: 108.1 KB
This is the back [ Download ]

Attachment: 55.08 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 48.26 KB
[ Download ]
Well I wish you the best of luck trying to follow the paper trail, Toby seems to change suits of armour more often then oneself changes clothes! :lol:
I'd just love to work there and do that, but alas, no money + living in Australia = Little chance.
Mike Loades Vs. Tobias Capwell, now that'd be a fight worth watching.
I know :wtf: Tobias goes through harnesses, like I go through a case of Mountain Dew! :eek:

I had actually looked into becoming a curator a little while ago myself... but, I too came into the same problem :( that guy has the best job ever! Jealous.

Im hoping someone might have photos of perhaps when he first used this harness jousting and/or taking part in that mini series...
You might want to try contacting him directly, either here or on the Armour Archive, by private message. Even better than pictures of this harness, he would be best able (or maybe Mac, who you could also try contacting as above) to provide you information regarding the original pieces or suit he had this one based on when he had it commissioned.
Hello!

Sorry for small size of pics:

[ Linked Image ]
OMG thank you!!! Im going to spend many hours drooling over these photos! :p

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: