A&A custom cutting our wedding cake -- just like I promi
Hey all,

I promised you in the weeks leading up to my wedding that I would show off a photo of us cutting the wedding cake with the A&A custom piece I got for the wedding; I just got previews from my photographer now, and here's one! Pretty awesome, eh?

[ Linked Image ]
Woohoo! That's the right way to cut a big cake - with a big sword! :D

Congratulations!

Best wishes,

Thomas
Congrats! I see you're going from Talhoffer's fröstenhau to the kakenhau . :)

I hope you degreased the sword first.....
Outstanding! You're a lucky man in many ways.
Big Congrats! Marriage is a wonderful institution! In three weeks it will be 13 years for us. May your years be long.
Oh and when you get around to it can y o u post some pictures of your new sword? But later, there are more important things to do right now.
Justin H. Núñez wrote:
Oh and when you get around to it can y o u post some pictures of your new sword? But later, there are more important things to do right now.

You can see it here: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=21125
Did the same at my wedding too! You had a nicer cake though. :-) Used my Tinker sword for this one and of course my wife did most of the cutting with my just holding the sword up.

Attachment: 27.93 KB
Wedding Cake Cutting.jpg
Notice the Knight figurine on the side cake.
It would have been fun if you had cut that tall cake the same way people use their swords on water bottles or tatami mats. The guests would get some unusually shaped pieces of cake :D
Many congrats Geordan, that sure is a beauty (do I mean the sword, the bride, or both ;-) just kidding)
As it happens I proposed to my girlfriend two nights ago (thank god she said yes) I wonder will I have the courage to ask her to use my custom Rob Miller to cut our cake. Again Geordan well done.
So Geordan, is that is a four handed sword?

I ran this option past my better half for our marriage in 2005 and all I got from her was the "no way" look.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Congrats! I see you're going from Talhoffer's fröstenhau to the kakenhau . :)

I hope you degreased the sword first.....

Congratulations and did your re-grease the sword right after and not wait until later to avoid any staining or rusting. ;) :D One does have priorities after all and rust prevention comes before " almost " anything else. ;) :p

Oh, the four handed sword comment by Paul Watson is really funny. :D :cool:
Very cool. And congrats on the wedding.
That's the way to do it! Congratulations on wedding, gift and awesome looking cake! Sadly, back when I got married we did not had even a single steel sword at home... today it would be more like "which sword do we use?" :)
Heh :) We used my first selfmade rondel dagger on our wedding cake :D
Lucky bugger :p , in more ways than one :D .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: