Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The Deadly Wooden Training Sword: With Photos Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michele Hansen

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Wed 01 Dec, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: The Deadly Wooden Training Sword: With Photos         Reply with quote

Just for grins, I'm sharing a couple of photos of my first long sword lesson that were photographed summer, 2010 at Camlann Medieval Festival, in Carnation, Washington USA. (www.camlann.org).

I re-enact the village candle-maker, (Lucy Chandler), but figured, if I am going to start drawing, and painting men in battle or other medieval military illustrations, I had better al least know how to hold a blade. Dipping paddles, and vats of molten wax are currently more dangerous in my hands.

When her husband rides off to sack, pillage, and wench--a woman needs some skill to defend her Chatelaine from feudatories with the same intent. Well, perhaps not... ;P

Happy December, everyone!

Attachment: 116.43 KB
My Day Job.jpg
My Day Job

Attachment: 99.44 KB
Low Guard).jpg
Low Guard: Gosh, that squire was cute.

Attachment: 84.92 KB
High Guard.jpg
High Guard

Il est apelée de Montfort. Il est el Mond, et si est fort. Si ad grant chevalrie; Je vois et je m’ acort. Il eime le droit, et het le tort. Si avera le mestrie!
Eric W. Norenberg

PostPosted: Wed 01 Dec, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Huzzah! Good to see Camlann represented here! Isn't 2011 their 30th anniversary?
Cheers,
Eric
Michele Hansen

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Wed 01 Dec, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Camlann Festival         Reply with quote

Eric W. Norenberg wrote:
Huzzah! Good to see Camlann represented here! Isn't 2011 their 30th anniversary?
Cheers,
Eric

I'm not sure if we just finished our 29th or 30th season. I just finished my 24th summer there. I'll be singing at Yule Feasts this month, (I started out as a minstrel at Camlann), but I feel a bit worried. In this economy, we might not be able to afford a 2011 Festival. It would be a tragic loss to historical re-enactments of such quality, and faithful adherence to period accuracy.

If you make it to a Yule feast, stop and say hello!

Cheers to you!

Michele

Il est apelée de Montfort. Il est el Mond, et si est fort. Si ad grant chevalrie; Je vois et je m’ acort. Il eime le droit, et het le tort. Si avera le mestrie!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > The Deadly Wooden Training Sword: With Photos
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic