Spanish Swordmaker Mimes De Azzaria
There is in Toledo,a swordmaker,that in the site i saw,presents the ALATRISTE movie dagger and rapier.
It was under www.mimesdeazzaria.es .
Does anybody knows,how can i trace him,he does not answer mails,am+nd his stuff,it was interesting,and the Spanish Fencing Ass. speacks well on his skills,i wanted to try him,being in Europe,could be anothe opportunity,for European collectors,or fencers.
Andrea :?: :idea:
Andrea,
I've edited your post subject to remove its ALL-CAPS letters. Please stop posting like that. You've already been asked to do so.
Last I heard of him he had quitted the job. He is a dubber now (they told me he had a good voice :eek:).

Anyway, although not a bad swordsmith, he never was very serious. The typical guy who told you your sword would be ready in a month, which later usually became a year. Besides, his blades were a bit stiff.
Thanks for this info.
Do you know about quality of La Espada Artisana,wich it seems to be very expensive,they have the same rapier and dagger of the Alatriste movie.
Andrea
As a rule, with no exceptions, I would recommend all forumnites to avoid any Spanish swordsmith like if they were the plague.

Two or three years ago Flagellum Dei had some success, but quality issues with their imported Chinese blades and their dismal post-sell customer service has put them deservedly out of the market. Nowadays Albion and Pavel Moc get almost all the WMA market around here.

If anyone has the romantic idea of getting a sword made in Toledo, I would advice him/her to think twice about it, unless it is from Ohio.
Thank you for advising.
i spoke with La Espada Artisanaperson,Alatriste dagger is around 900 euro,the rapier is 1500 euro.
They looks nice,but,of course,i will never buy them,without someone that knows the maker,and these weapons.
If you never seen their site,have a look,if you have time,and let me know,what you think about.
Shop is La espada artesana.
Andrea
Antonio Lamadrid wrote:
If anyone has the romantic idea of getting a sword made in Toledo, I would advice him/her to think twice about it, unless it is from Ohio.

In case there is some misunderstanding, by this I meant that swords from Toledo-Spain are no good, but that swordsmiths in Toledo-Ohio (if there is any), may be great. My apologies, I should have made it clearer.
Andrea Scattolin wrote:
Thank you for advising.
i spoke with La Espada Artisanaperson,Alatriste dagger is around 900 euro,the rapier is 1500 euro.
They looks nice,but,of course,i will never buy them,without someone that knows the maker,and these weapons.
If you never seen their site,have a look,if you have time,and let me know,what you think about.
Shop is La espada artesana.
Andrea

Nobody I asked to knows them either.
Antonio Lamadrid wrote:
Antonio Lamadrid wrote:

In case there is some misunderstanding, by this I meant that swords from Toledo-Spain are no good, but that swordsmiths in Toledo-Ohio (if there is any), may be great. My apologies, I should have made it clearer.

That's OK, Antonio, I think everybody got the joke. :D

Are there any swordsmiths in Toledo, Ohio? Let yourselves be known.

(You can also find a Toledo in Illinois, Iowa, Oregon, and Washington, plus Belize, Brazil, Colombia, and the Philippines)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: