Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Tinker Pearce Great Sword of War cleaving ability Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Harry J. Fletcher

Reading list: 44 books

PostPosted: Sat 16 Oct, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Tinker Pearce Great Sword of War cleaving ability         Reply with quote

Having just bought this sword to use as a heavy cutter and as a companion to my Albion Baron I must say it is a lot of sword for the money. In a previous post asking for information I learned of an excellent review and very favorable comments by those who are familiar with it. I weighed it myself and found that it wieghed 3 lbs 7 oz on my scale whereas the catalog stated 3 lbs 14 oz. Both the Baron and the GSoW weigh exactly the same although I am only using the catalog weight for the Baron. The Great Sword of War is sharp and as Tinker says was made for heavy cutting rhather than reenactment. As it was made for this and this is why I bought I decided to put it to the test. Below is the link to the video showing the cutting results with this sword. As you can see it hews and cleaves just fine ( ok, for backyard cutters, it cuts!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm-UT1k4pDI

Oh yes the blade is 35 and 7/8 inches not 36 7/8 inches long.

Regards,

Harry

To Study The Edge of History

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Tinker Pearce Great Sword of War cleaving ability
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic