USA 2011 Terry Brown seminar
Hi Everyone,
I am announcing the 2011 Terry Brown English martial Arts Seminar/Workshop. It will be April 29-30, 2011 in Augusta, Georgia.

Subjects covered will include:
Bare Knuckle boxing
Wrestling
Single Hand Sword (including gryps)
Quarterstaff
A Short introduction to English Two-Hand Sword

Register for this event at www.aaoema.com

Kind Regards,
Christopher Myers, Provost - Company of Maisters
American Academy of English Martial Arts
Can you elaborate on, "not for beginners"? What's the minimum acceptable level of WMA experience/knowledge?
Wow... :eek:

I'd "kill" to go to this, but since I'm going to Italy about a week later I don't think I can pull it off. :confused: I'll see if I can get the other instructor in my school (Matt Cacy) to go .;)

Cheers,

David
I'd really like to go to this, and to be honest, the price is ridiculously cheap. The problem for me is that the travelling expenses will probably cost 3-4 times as much as the event.

And this makes two HEMA workshops next April I can't afford to get too!
Craig Shackleton wrote:
I'd really like to go to this, and to be honest, the price is ridiculously cheap. The problem for me is that the travelling expenses will probably cost 3-4 times as much as the event.

And this makes two HEMA workshops next April I can't afford to get too!

Craig... find a way.

Cheers,

David
Google maps says it's a 14 day walk. I could totally do that. ;P

I was hoping to fly on aeroplan points, but it looks like that weekend is a black-out period or something. Otherwise flying will be $700-800 which is exactly what I figured.

If I could split the cost of driving with someone... it would be way to long a drive.

I'm working on it.
We are looking at having Terry over for a weekend in the near future. Perhaps we will be able to make it work the same month he is in Georgia?

It is an awful drive from Ontario to Augusta. Been there, done that several times on the way to Florida. Not worth a weekend trip - seriously brutal drive. Wait for something from us before you burn that much time & $ going there. Several of us are working on a local conference with Terry Brown. He is a fantastic instructor and resource.

Cheers!
Kel, that would be fabulous.
definition of beginner
Sean Flynt wrote:
Can you elaborate on, "not for beginners"? What's the minimum acceptable level of WMA experience/knowledge?

Terry suggests that for purposes of his seminar a beginner should be regarded as someone with less than a year's
experience of handling martial arts weapons.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: