Looking for experiences with www.wiwingtiswordsupply.com
Hello,

I've long been looking to buy a sword to compensate myself for not being born as a 14-15th century nobleman, and after a few half-assed and not completed attempts it seems I'm ready to go ahead with my plan. I'm looking to buy an entry level longsword, probably one of the Hanwei Tinker ones. As I was looking for info on the what and how I've come across a reference to the vendor Wiwingti Sword Supply in this thread.

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with them? Possibly has anyone bought a sword from them? Their price range seems to be a lot lower than the other sites, and their home page looks like it was designed by a 5 year old so it raises a few red flags with me. I don't want to dismiss them right away though, as I wouldn't want to pay 20-30% more for the same sword in case they are a valid business. Forum and google searches didn't come up with any information of value, so I would appreciate any first hand account this community could provide.

Thank you in advance.
Hmmm... Their prices seem to be slightly less than Kult of Athena's, and KoA is known for being pretty much the cheapest place online hands down. Dunno if that's a red flag or not, but apparently others have bought from them as seen in the thread you reference.

Now I'm curious. Anybody who buys or bought from them out there? How's their customer service? (KoA is also known for great customer service. I can vouch for several friendly e-mails even when I wasn't actually buying anything.)
I have never purchased from him, but he vists the SBG forum all the time and he is highly thought of there. Many folks there have purchased from him.

Ron
Actually, there was a bit falling out on SBG with Wiwingti. I won't go into detail, so you can go there and dig it up yourself - but he sort of fell out of favor in the forum. As of right now, he is no longer a registered user there. I personally will not buy from him at this juncture - not because the prices are not good, but for other reasons - such as customer service, attitude toward customers, and general respect toward friends of mine.

I continue to use KoA. I might spend $20 more on something, but I do know I can 100% depend on their customer service. But to each their own. :)

Last edited by JE Sarge on Wed 18 Aug, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
On a personal note :

Bought twice from there.
An Hanwei/Tinker GSOW and an Hanwei PPE.
Everything went well, prices are good and he matches any lower price find anywhere else.
He never responded with info on international shipping to me and 2 weeks later the club I train at did a group order with theknightshop so personally I dont care anymore.

But it still shows a bit about customer service.

Dealt with KOA and they have excellent CS.
JE Sarge wrote:
Actually, there was a bit falling out on SBG with Wiwingti. I won't go into detail, so you can go there and dig it up yourself - but he sort of fell out of favor in the forum. As of right now, he is no longer a registered user there. I personally will not buy from him at this juncture - not because the prices are not good, but for other reasons - such as customer service, attitude toward customers, and general respect toward friends of mine.

I continue to use KoA. I might spend $20 more on something, but I do know I can 100% depend on their customer service. But to each their own. :)

do you know at least what happenned man?

M van Dongen wrote:
He never responded with info on international shipping to me and 2 weeks later the club I train at did a group order with theknightshop so personally I dont care anymore.

But it still shows a bit about customer service.

Dealt with KOA and they have excellent CS.

i personally answer all emails,
if you haven't receive an answer, look at your spams or the email came back saying no receiver.
I ordered a Tinker bastard from them, and a week later it was on my doorstep in good condition. And yes, they have very low prices.
BUT, KOA just got better or equal prices quite recently, so I would stick to KOA. Great CS, fast ordering, KOA's the tops.

But I have nothing negative to say about wiwingti. Everything went smooth as can be.
Marc Lecompte wrote:
JE Sarge wrote:

do you know at least what happenned man?

Yes I do, or else I would not have commented on it. I sent you a message on Facebook in response to your PM. We can continue this conversation there if you would like as to not bog down this thread with dialogue which is better exchanged privately if you would like clarification to links and/or threads discussing this in much further detail.
I know its almost considered blasphemy as everyone seems to love KoA so much... but I actually had a couple somewhat annoying experinces with them awhile back. I ordered a sword which arrived bent... sent it back... waited and waited and heard nothing back. Wrote them and they responded saying the damage was so minor that they didn't have any other sword in stock that was not as bad or worse... and that I should expect such things in the 200-300 price range.

I was a bit shocked. I should expect to have a bent sword? And when were they going to inform me of this if I had not writen them after waiting two weeks? I ended up asking for a refund rather then a replacement, since they said no replacement would be better.

Then I order the same sword from SwordNation and it was perfect.

Go figure.

I had another slightly less intersting but annoying experince with them as well.

As for Wiwingti...

Issues between him and SBG aside, I have ordered MANY swords from him, over 10. Each time he gave me great customer service and quick responses... and if there was any sort of issue with the sword (as there was twice) he jumped on it and made it right. So I've got nothing but good things to say about buying from him... and if there is something I'm in the market for I check with him first because I know he will stand behind the sale.

Different people have different perspectives and experinces and opinions... but those are mine.
Thank you very much, your responses have been very helpful.
Maybe it's not the advice you are looking for, but since you are from the Czech Republic, I would much sooner buy a locally made sword.

Importing from the US may sound nice, but if you include taxes then for the price of a Hanwei you can also buy a Czech or Hungarian made sword in the EUR 150-200 range.
I am looking simultaniously at local makers too. At this phase I'm trying to gather as much info as possible.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: