Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > *** A&A August Highlight Deal *** Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: *** A&A August Highlight Deal ***         Reply with quote

August Highlight Deal from Arms & Armor

The August Highlight special is a free #045 Round Targe with any purchase of a sword or rapier.

This is one of our more popular items for Western Martial Arts and sparring. Check out the details and other info at ARMS & ARMOR News.

Also if you are into the social network check out the new Arms & Armor Inc. Facebook page.

Check the In-Stock Page for all the items we can ship you right away.

Stay cool from Arms & Armor Cool
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just curious does sword or rapier offer include the training swords as this would be a natural for this one:
http://www.arms-n-armor.com/train208.html

Also just bumping up this Topic so that people don't miss it and because I have always had good customer service from A & A
and they deserve a little bump and a plug. Wink Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Hi Jean         Reply with quote

Hi Jean

Yes it does include the Scholar Trainer. It of course is a bit less margin for us but seemed a bit cheap to exclude it as it does work well with that sword for I.33 and such. Happy

I appreciate the bump as well. Wink

Also wanted to update that I am striving to load up the huge back load of custom projects we have done. This will take some time and they will come when I can get them ready but just added two yesterday and will have another soon.

Check these out Cool

Click pics to see the page.

Best
Craig
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The English basket hilt is superb! Not only is the basket spot-on, but the blade is really magnificent with its complex geometry. One of these days--if I can manage to resist the siren call of antiques--I will have to order something like that English basket hilt. Really, really nice!

Jonathan
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Those two are real nice and interesting: What is the size(s) of the axes ? I really like the type A and the sword is not only interesting because of the hilt but the blade his really beautiful.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathan Hopkins wrote:
The English basket hilt is superb! Not only is the basket spot-on, but the blade is really magnificent with its complex geometry. One of these days--if I can manage to resist the siren call of antiques--I will have to order something like that English basket hilt. Really, really nice!

Jonathan

We seem to have been writing our very similar posts almost at the same time and both remarked on the blade. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud

GG Osborne

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As one of the resident "basket heads" on the Forum, all I can say, Craig is "Bravo! Bravo!" Well done and an excellent piece for whoever the lucky recepient may be!!
"Those who live by the sword...will usually die with a huge, unpaid credit card balance!"
GG Osborne

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Opps! Second thought! Why not a stimulus package for us sword and armor enthusiast? They've stimulated everything else (much so some of our collective chagrin, I imagine.) So why not a government program directed towards our favorite cutlers? I'm sure Craig et al would appreciate having a few of Uncle Sugar's funds going to expand his business, while, incidentally, allowing us to build up our collections in the recession. Call and write your Congressman today!! Maybe something like "The Federal Plowshares into Swords Program??"
"Those who live by the sword...will usually die with a huge, unpaid credit card balance!"
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 07 Aug, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Hi Guys         Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words on how these pieces turned out. Its a team effort and we all work hard to make everything to the best of our ability.

The blade on the basket was a challenge as it is defined nicely on the original but is subtle in its weight and distribution.

Hi Jean. The axe sizes run about two to two and a half feet in overall. The edge of the Type L is about 7 inches long and the other is about 5 or so.

Yes Glenn I agree lets have a stimulus for swords Happy

HAd another query via email that I wanted to answer for all as well. Many of the items that will be going up have been finished quite some time ago, its a delay in posting them on the website not so much that they are just finished. You will probably see things that have been featured in threads previously. As the latest addition Happy

A Banded Rondel Dagger

Best
Craig

(edited to fix the typo it was Type L with the longer edge)
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Guys         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:

A Banded Rondel Dagger

Best
Craig

That is a very attractive Rondel and I'm still very happy with the Rondel you made for me a while back: I posted a pic of it on the " Show us your Rondels " Topic.

I also cold blued it and got a nice dark blue on blade and hilt furniture with corners just lightly buffed to highlight the geometry of the piece and to give just a bit of a scabbard worn feel to the blued finish.

You mention that this Rondel is fairly stout in blade on your site, just curious how thick is the blade at the guard ? ( Rondel " envy " if it's thicker bladed than mine. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud ).

Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 12 Aug, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Jean is thicker :-)         Reply with quote

Hi Jean

I believe your blade is thicker along the back edge at the hilt. Not sure if I have the measurement for both pieces but thats what my feeble brain remembers.

Best
Craig
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 12 Aug, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jean is thicker :-)         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:
Hi Jean

I believe your blade is thicker along the back edge at the hilt. Not sure if I have the measurement for both pieces but thats what my feeble brain remembers.

Best
Craig

Well mine is 1/2" thick at the guard and almost as thick at the start of the point reinforcement. Wink Laughing Out Loud

Might equal mine but any thicker would be " insane " ...... mine is crazy enough. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud Cool

In any case the banded Rondle is superb. Big Grin

Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 18 Aug, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Couple of more Custom Items         Reply with quote

Here are a couple of more Custom Items Happy

Click pics to see the page.

Yes Jean yours is definitely thicker on the backedge. I had forgotten upsetting the part to get the thickness, Eek!

Be well

Craig
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 24 Aug, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Some one of Muster Swords         Reply with quote

Hope everyone is having a good summer.

We have just added some one of swords to our muster page. These are pieces in the style of their type but have some details unique to themselves. The pieces are all built to feel so they are designed for a great feel in the hand in an authentic design envelope.

Hope someone sees something they like and cannot live without. Happy

Best
Craig
Michael B.
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 24 Aug, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I got to dry handle that XVIII on the muster page yesterday and let me tell you. I almost bought it right then and there. Absolutely breathtaking, incredibly light and well balanced, it just sings in the hand. There was an XIIa added to the page too, another amazing piece. The handling is amazing. I was very surprised such a big beefy blade could literally float through the air. I'm one hundred percent sold on arms and armour and can't wait to start ordering. Thanks Craig for letting me harrass the guys. It was the highlight of my trip.
www.facebook.com/bearmountainforge2
Michael Bergstrom
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 24 Aug, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Hi Michael         Reply with quote

Hi Michael

Very glad you where able to stop by. Hopefully Ian and the guys where able to answer all your questions. Sorry I did not get a chance to chat. The whole day was one of those days for me Happy

Best
Craig
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue 24 Aug, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for Type XVIII and I like the all-business look of those!
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Zach Gordon

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 24 Aug, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm curious. What makes the 16th century XVIII 16th century instead of 15th century. I'm totally NOT an expert on this kinda thing, so I'm not disputing it or anything, I just want to learn why. From what I know I woulda thought it was more 15th or even 14th century... I thought by the 16th century complex swords where more the norm (like the Town Guard Sword or something). Also the 15th century type XVIII is so similar to the 16th century XVIII, what differentiates them?
Just to repeat, I DON'T know that much about this stuff and am NOT saying it's wrong. I just am curious and wud like to know about what I don't know. Happy
Thnx
Z
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue 24 Aug, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Zach Gordon wrote:
Hi,
I'm curious. What makes the 16th century XVIII 16th century instead of 15th century. I'm totally NOT an expert on this kinda thing, so I'm not disputing it or anything, I just want to learn why. From what I know I woulda thought it was more 15th or even 14th century... I thought by the 16th century complex swords where more the norm (like the Town Guard Sword or something). Also the 15th century type XVIII is so similar to the 16th century XVIII, what differentiates them?
Just to repeat, I DON'T know that much about this stuff and am NOT saying it's wrong. I just am curious and wud like to know about what I don't know. Happy
Thnx
Z

The pommels are important indicators, especially with Type XVIII because the form was in use for so long.

-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 24 Aug, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Hi Zach         Reply with quote

Hi Zach

Sean hit it on the head. Its the style of the parts that would indicate a time frame. It is not absolute but they styles are more to those eras. While there are a great deal more variations in the 16th C as far as hilts are concerned. It does not mean that the cross hilted single hand sword disappears, it just has more competition. Also I suppose I could have clarified by saying early as there is a great deal of development of weapon styles over the period of time.

Best
Craig

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > *** A&A August Highlight Deal ***
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: