Brescia Spadona Scabbard
This is a new scabbard I made for my two Brescia Spadonas. Both fit, the heavy one is tight, the normal one is loose. It's hard to take photos of a black leather scabbard without proper lighting and not make it look like dookie, but the pics didn't turn out too bad.

The suspension is borrowed from another scabbard until the buckles that I want are back in stock. It's actually pretty easy to resize one of these suspensions from one scabbard to another.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Very nice! did you do the chape yourself? What color is the future suspension going to be?
Joel Chesser wrote:
Very nice! did you do the chape yourself? What color is the future suspension going to be?

Thanks.

I can't make chapes, so I reground a chape from a cheap sword.

The future suspension will be the same color. I'd make it exactly the same if I could find the right buckles and fittings. Maybe this suspension will stay and the old scabbard will get the new one.
I can dig it, nice work Michael. :cool:
Thanks Brian.

It's not quite as nice as the ones you make. :)
Nice work. What did you use to make the core?

Thanks for sharing.
Al Muckart wrote:
Nice work. What did you use to make the core?

Thanks for sharing.

I usually hand carve balsa wood cores, but this is an Albion campign line scabbard that has been radically reshaped. Yes, there really is that much extra useless wood on them. :)
Here are some better pics.

The "white" patches are not white, just shiny. Damn, photography is hard.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
And yet more pics....

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
I can't argue with that, looking good Michael! Great effort!

Black isn't an easy color to work with. Much like a black sport's car, every mark or smudge in the leather shows up.

I'm glad to hear your core problem worked out ok, too.
Nice: I like the ridge running down the center of the scabbard. :cool:

So is that a corner of your wooden keep that we see in the pics. :p :lol: Seriously the little we see of it, it looks like a nice and solid log cabin ....... one is tempted to walk down and take a nap in the folding chairs seen in the background after eating some BBQ-ed roast beef or ribs. ;) Or some nice home smoked salmon. :p ( O.K. lost it again ..... must be hungry or at least I'm making myself hungry. Somehow I get the feeling this may be a tiny bit OFF-TOPIC. :p :eek: :lol: ).
Thanks Brian. Yeah, the problem worked out.

Jean, yes, that's my fortress of solitude. :) It's not that far from you, come on down and sit in the chair. I may even give you some bbq.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: