Squire pics
Here are some pics of my Albion Squire. This has got to be my favorite sword I own right now.

That is a striking sword. The fit and finish is so perfectly executed..
One more:

That one posted a little smaller than I wanted. Sorry.
Gorgeous! The Fit and finish on the next gens never cease to amaze me. Excallant choice on the grip color. What color is that by the way?
Nice sword W. Congrats.

This one is a very nicely proportioned sword. It's definetly on my list.
I kept picking this model up over and over at the Atlanta Blade show. I was really fond of it..
Sweet! I would go for a slightly more spatulate point, myself, but wouldn't mind picking it up if someone threw that one at me.
Thanks for the comments everyone!

David, the grip color is oxblood. :)
It, like all its siblings is very nice.

I would love to get a chance to cut with one someday.
Yuo got to love that pommel!!!!! :D
Thanks to Harlan and Alan, I got to handle the squire (among other Albion swords) at the Sterling Renaissance Faire earlier this summer. Those swords really put into perspective just how far Albion has brought the production sword business. They were absolutely wonderful to look at and handle. Congratulations on the squire. It is one hell of a sword. I was partucularly impressed by the handling differences between the prince and squire despite both swords having the same blade.
Jay Barron wrote:
...I was partucularly impressed by the handling differences between the prince and squire despite both swords having the same blade.

Hey Jay,

Could you elaborate a little further please?

Thanks,

Mike
Mike Fletcher wrote:
Jay Barron wrote:
...I was partucularly impressed by the handling differences between the prince and squire despite both swords having the same blade.

Hey Jay,

Could you elaborate a little further please?

Thanks,

Mike

Well, from what I remember, the prince felt a bit livelier and quicker in the hand, more of a finesse weapon. The squire felt like it balanced further out, more of a hard hitter. If I were living back in the day and had to go into battle with one of these two swords, I'd probably opt for the squire. If I were having a sword and buckler duel, on the other hand, I'd use the prince. They both felt great but each had their own personality if you will.
Thanks Jay. Very interesting how small changes can make perceptible differences.

Regards,

Mike

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: