Sword Racks & Storage
I was wondering what some of you larger collectors have done about storing your swords. It's to the point now where my collection needs to be in some sort of rack or enclosed storage area. I thought, why not make a project of it? I was thinking of making a large cabinet-like thing with a lift lid storage area on the bottom with a rack on top to prop swords up on. In addition I was thinking of having a hanging device on the upper half of the inside to hang the blades downward.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this issue of storing a lot of swords and I was curious as to what others had come up with as a solution.
You should take a look at this thread:
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...splay+case
Allen,
There are quite a number of threads about storage and display. The search function should find all kinds of things of interest for you. :)
thanks for your patient responses. I tried a few keywords on the search function before I started the thread but I guess I didn't get the right ones. Thanks for your help gents.
I recently made this for NYHFA's trainers and loaner weapons. It's simple, but you could always make a more ornate version for inside the home.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
sword/weapons rack
Michael, I love that! I really like how you have multiple weapons in a neat spacious rack :)
Re: sword/weapons rack
Reece Nelson wrote:
Michael, I love that! I really like how you have multiple weapons in a neat spacious rack :)

Thanks Reece. I don't fully understand why, but this thing makes me very happy. Sometimes I just stare at it for a while... :)
thats not a bad little system there. It would be interesting to see if a similar design could be incorporated into a locking cabinet.
Re: sword/weapons rack
Michael Edelson wrote:
Reece Nelson wrote:

Thanks Reece. I don't fully understand why, but this thing makes me very happy. Sometimes I just stare at it for a while... :)

Harmonious proportions, nice wood grain, the horizontal weapons contrast nicely with the vertical ones dividing the space: Both simple an complex enough that the eye and brain can take in the multiple divisions of the space in different combinations and not become bored looking at it.
Sure Jean, take all the fun out of it. :)
That's a really nice rack! :D

A rather clever man once noted that understanding something in more detail only adds to the beauty... it doesn't subtract.
Yes people

We have known for years that Michael has a really nice rack, Oh did i just say that?

(putting the fun back in)
Michael Ahrens wrote:
Yes people

We have known for years that Michael has a really nice rack, Oh did i just say that?

Ah, the curse of " MANBOOBS " ....... O.K. couldn't resist( BAD JEAN, BAD JEAN ..... :p :eek: :lol: ).
Awesome rack Michael!

I might attempt to make one this weekend.
I am definitely a fan of your rack
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Michael Ahrens wrote:
Yes people

Ah, the curse of " MANBOOBS " ....... O.K. couldn't resist( BAD JEAN, BAD JEAN ..... :p :eek: :lol: ).

I can bench press 300lbs. I do NOT have man boobs. :)
At my MMA gym they are affectionately known as... (ahem)... chesticels.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: