Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > We Need A Recovery From The Recovery Neck And Shoulder Sale Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 25 May, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: We Need A Recovery From The Recovery Neck And Shoulder Sale         Reply with quote

The news keeps saying theres an economic recovery going on. Let us know when it gets here. In the meantime we're offering 20% off on neck and shoulder harness for the next few days so things like the mortage and electricity might be able to get paid. See here http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/index.php?c...c4eaqh5hp1 Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Tue 25 May, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There are a lot of the smaller things that aren't very expensive even at the regular price and interesting for earlier transitional armour of the 13 th and 14th centuries.

I have the 14th century gorget and I really like it.

There are also later period things like the Almain collar very good for the 16th & 17th century.

So if you see something tempting at the sales price that you where almost thinking of buying anyway helping Allan pay the mortgage or electricity bill would be a plus.

No harm in looking over other things not on sale just in case as well. Wink

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Thom R.

Reading list: 30 books

PostPosted: Wed 26 May, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have a question on Rhodes Bevor II. Is the top plate with the eye slots removeable as on your original or is it only hinged. Is there any way to get a more detailed look at this than the one photo available on your website? Side view, top two plates rotated down etc. Thanks! TR
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 26 May, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thom it is not removable. We only obtained the top exchange portion of the original assembly as that was all that was avaliable for auction. Never having seen an original complete example of a bevor that accepted an exchange piece of this sort but having seen several Rhodes examples that include and integral upper plate with occularum/eyeslots we opted to use the original example we obtained in the construction of a piece we had seen complet examples of rather than theorizing what the lower half of the the exchange bevore might have looked like. The second and third plates on the Rhodes bevor II are on spring pins allowing them to be lowered while worn.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 28 May, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just a little " BUMP " here so that people don't miss this sale. Wink Big Grin

Also Allan is great in after purchase customer service should something need repair or adjustment: After long use A strap on my gorget needed to be re-riveted and Allan sent me some extra rivets for me to fix it myself. ( He would have done it himself if I sent the piece to him but it was my preference to do small maintenance myself and not have to ship stuff back and forth over the border).

Oh, there was one time when the strapping was too short for my body dimensions Allan sent me longer new strapping and rivets.

With any reasonable problem, or if there is a quality control issue, Allan stand by his product and goes the extra mile making things right and in many cases ( I don't want to make commitments for him for individual cases ) he will pay for the shipping back to him. Cool Being in Canada I usually prefer avoiding the annoyances/costs of back and forth cross border shipping but any customer in the states could easily ship thing s back to him for repair or adjustments if they can't handle the repair themselves or it needs specialized skills or equipment.

Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 28 May, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now that I have some first hand experience with the work I'm impressed at what can be done without an in home visit.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Charles B

PostPosted: Sat 29 May, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is exciting! I've been admiring Merc Tailor's work for a long time now.

How long is "the next few days", though? I think my bonus comes through on Friday... Big Grin

Also, on the topic of shoulder pieces, I'm trying to picture how the Almain collar interacts with breast & back plates. My armor knowledge is limited, but it seems like the gorget goes under the b&b in most cases I've seen. At first glance, though, this seems like it would interfere with the movement of the plates on the attached munions.

And as long as I'm rambling questions, how far down the arm do the attached munions on the Almain collar generally go?
Todd M. Sullivan

PostPosted: Sat 29 May, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bump

Merc Tailor's armor is great stuff. Being a personal friend of Allan's I can tell you the guy won't leave his forge, puts in 12 hour days, until an order is finished, boxed and shipped. 20% off is a great deal for harness...unless you want to to order a custom piece and wait 2 years from others.

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 29 May, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Charles B wrote:
This is exciting! I've been admiring Merc Tailor's work for a long time now.

How long is "the next few days", though? I think my bonus comes through on Friday... Big Grin

Also, on the topic of shoulder pieces, I'm trying to picture how the Almain collar interacts with breast & back plates. My armor knowledge is limited, but it seems like the gorget goes under the b&b in most cases I've seen. At first glance, though, this seems like it would interfere with the movement of the plates on the attached munions.

And as long as I'm rambling questions, how far down the arm do the attached munions on the Almain collar generally go?

Can't speak for for Allan but if you get in touch with him and make a commitment to buy he might defer starting to make it for a short time waiting for you to make the order official and pencil you in for the sales price if it's just a question of a few days or what he would consider a short enough interval to give you the sales price.

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 29 May, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Todd M. Sullivan wrote:
Bump

...unless you want to to order a custom piece and wait 2 years from others.

Exactly: Very functional, very useable and not so finely finished that a scratch will make you cry when your multi-thousand dollar fully historical kit gets a scratch.

And like Todd said you can get it soon and not 3 years from now !

It fills a very useful niche that very few other armourers fill and with super customer service.

Personally I consider him a friend like Todd does but I wouldn't be this enthusiastic about him if all the above and more wasn't something I believed 100%.

So in a difficult economy I'm very motivated to " BUMP " his sales Topic because I like him but also because I would lose a great and reliable source of armour when I need some.

Allan show exemplary loyalty to his customers and I'm just " medieval " enough that I firmly believe that loyalty should go in both directions and from a satisfied customer to maker as well.

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Mon 31 May, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Don't know how long this sale will last but here is another little bump to it. Wink
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jun, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Seems this has run itself out. We'll end it tonight , Thrusday June 3rd at 6 PM EST.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > We Need A Recovery From The Recovery Neck And Shoulder Sale
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic