Teaser pictures of my custom A&A Loop-hilt smallsword...
Hi Everyone,

I just returned from my vacation from LA & Vegas to find my highly awaited custom smallsword. They only comment I have for now is that it is perfect. :cool:

a few teaser photos....

Attachment: 110.28 KB
DSCN5119.JPG
A&A Loop-hilt "Mourning" Sword

Attachment: 115.24 KB
DSCN5121.JPG

Attachment: 103.73 KB
DSCN5123.JPG

Attachment: 92.54 KB
DSCN5128.JPG

Attachment: 96.89 KB
DSCN5133.JPG

Some "in-progress pictures" that Craig Johnson sent me.

Attachment: 26.53 KB
ip1.jpg

Attachment: 26.55 KB
ip2.jpg

Attachment: 27.05 KB
ip3.jpg

It is based upon these two originals.

Attachment: 82.2 KB
18th Century Spadroon Hilt type 109.jpg

Attachment: 46.17 KB
lh5.jpg

I am a very, VERY jealous man. That looks simply GORGEOUS! Congrats, Stephen!
WOW! If this loop-hilt doesn't spark any interest in the smallsword then nothing will. That really is fantastic.
That's a winner...
I was never really a fan of smallswords or rapiers, but yours is a fine little piece. Good beefy tang, too...bet you could weild it with much confidence. MCM.
Not my thing, but extremely nice none the less.

Congrats on a fine sword!
congrats on the new sword, its VERY ammazing and A&A's custom work never ceases to ammaze me...
Re: Teaser pictures of my custom A&A Loop-hilt smallswor
Stephen A. Fisher wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I just returned from my vacation from LA & Vegas to find my highly awaited custom smallsword. They only comment I have for now is that it is perfect. :cool:

a few teaser photos....

yikes...what a nasty little toy. a shame they put the loop on the wrong side... ;)
congrats! this smallsword really looks gorgeous!
Still making very impressive pokey things up there.

Well done.
Congrats Stephen,
I'ts turned out really well,
Thanks for sharing,
:cool:
Very nice!
IS the blade Diamond cross section?
I had been thinking of getting one put on the A&A standard smallsword hilt, just haven't gotten around to saving up the cash yet. :)
Is the diamond historically common?
Stephen,

You've got another real beauty there! Big 'ol Congrats.......
Hopefully in another week or so I'll have a new addition to show...

William
aka Bill
Craig and I talked while he was working on this blade. I hope he comes in and makes a few comments about it. My memory tells me that he has a similar antique loop-hilted sword in his possession that he was able to compare and use for inspiration. It was equipped with a flattened diamond cross-section blade, as well.

Now that I see the photos of the completed piece I can see what all the fuss was about. Very nice piece.
Thanks for all the comments everyone. I could not be more pleased with this piece. Here are a few new pics...

As most of Arms and Armor work that thing is absolutely outstanding! Of course I never cease to be amazed at how small the smallswords actually are.
Russ Ellis wrote:
As most of Arms and Armor work that thing is absolutely outstanding! Of course I never cease to be amazed at how small the smallswords actually are.

Hi Russ,

If someone with much larger hands than mine were to hold this smallsword it may be uncomfortable. But for my hands it's perfect. :cool: Here is a picture that gives a good size comparison between a loop-hilt (A.V.B. Norman type 109) & the typical hilt ( type 112)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: