Reenactor Fest?
Hello,
I have never been before, so am a bit excited. Is anyone here going to Reenactor Fest Feb. 5th-7th in Chicago, and what are you (or what group) are you going as (or with)? I look forward to seeing all the kits, and vendors.
For those of you who don't know http://www.reenactorfest.com/
Cheers,
Hadrian
Hi Hadrian. I am hoping to make it there on sunday mainly because of the two sword related discussions that will be taking place that day. That and it is really the only day that I am not working while it is going on. :( Hopefully there will still be some decent items left at the vendors.

Scott
Hi!

I'll be there with the Guild of St. Michael- a group that portrays the militia of the city of Bristol circa 1574.

I guess I'll be going as something along those lines. I'll be there in a handsewn lower/middle class late Tudor kit.

I'll also be giving a presentation on Saturday with fellow forumite Chris Last on Saturday at 3:15 on researching and finding resources for reenactment portrayals that predate periods for which we have tons of evidence.[img][/img]

Attachment: 25.92 KB
aa_tailor_441.jpg

Dan, are you going to be there on Sunday when Chris has the discussion on swords? That is the main reason I am going then. I really like the presentations that the Guild puts on at Bristol. I just wish I could have made it up there last year. This year is going to be another story!

Scott
Yup, I'll be there on Sunday. Glad you'll be able to make it this year!
So is anyone else going to be there this weekend? I would not mind meeting some other members there on Sunday. Though I will not be dressed properly for the occasion. Something I plan to fix shortly.

Scott
I just seen this but I cant find the address please help as I would love to go.
Here you go!

www.reenactorfest.com
James Cunniffe wrote:
I just seen this but I cant find the address please help as I would love to go.

Tell me about it James. I had to search though the site and then find the hotel since they do not have the physical address of the fest on the site at all. Something needs to be fixed there I think! :confused:

This is what I found:
Westin Chicago North Shore
601 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Wheeling, IL 60090

At least I hope that is where it is since that is where I will be going Sunday morning!

Hope to meet some of you there,
Scott
Thanks Scott for the address, I hope it will be fun.
Yes, that's the address. I'm sorry. I didn't read the first post and thought you wanted the site's address. Oops- all better now.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: