christmas gift for myself
hi all! i wanted to know if the windlass poleaxe was a good buy because im planning to buy one for christmas but i don't know anything about it...
Re: christmas gift for myself
Etienne Hamel wrote:
hi all! i wanted to know if the windlass poleaxe was a good buy because im planning to buy one for christmas but i don't know anything about it...

That item has been discussed before: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=13732
I guess price is a factor but the A&A one would be a better longterm buy even at twice the price. ;)

Étienne I'm sure you know the one I mean but here is a link to the pic on the A&A site in case you don't:
http://www.arms-n-armor.com/pole217.html
for the gift it's okay i purchased the long bladed hewing spearhead with an ash pole and a flat buttcap from windlass.

i hope it will be a good buy :D
I just purchased the long bladed hewing spear as well and am very pleased with it. Excellent quality for the price. I think their poleaxe would be a good project piece to re-haft on an ash pole and alter the finish a little.
i'm willing to customise my spear a little with a long piece of cloth tied up on the base of the head but i don't know what style to use (scottish, one color or something else...)
Etienne Hamel wrote:
i'm willing to customise my spear a little with a long piece of cloth tied up on the base of the head but i don't know what style to use (scottish, one color or something else...)

What do you mean by "Scottish?"
some tartan or something like that... sorry im speaking french originally and i know only the word in french...
Etienne Hamel wrote:
some tartan or something like that... sorry im speaking french originally and i know only the word in french...

Oh, tartan! I don't know historically, but I can imagine a scottish soldier (late 16th century or later?) putting some extra, brightly colored tartan on the end of his spear.
tartan would be good or a combination of color but for the tartan i don't know what colors to choose... but anyway my goal is not to make an historical plausible spear because it is still a long bladed hewing spear and i don't recall seeing some in history in scottland...
i have a problem as i don't know how am i suppose to profile the ash haft for my spear (i don't have it yet but still good to know)

i was thinking of putting a plywood to the ground ,fix a sand paper to the board and give it the profile i need but i think it will be long and painfull... any suggestion?

oh! and before i forget i wanted to know how long a spear should be to be medium lenght (7 feet too long for my room :lol: )

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: