Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

By the way, to me this is the most attractive factory-made sword I've ever seen. Pity I can't afford one.

Alot of bladesmiths these days are making pattern-welded/mosaics from powdered metals, and these powdered metals are not that easy to acquire. It is by no means a large market, but we are willing to pay the same price for powdered metals that we are for barstock....

Just a thought, I hate to think of good steel sold for the price of scrap.
That sounds like a bit of a fantasy I've had about the Museum Line version of the Valkyrja. A pattern-welded blade on a hilt as magnificent as I'm sure the hilt will be. Yes, it would make the sword more expensive and more rare, but I would definitely buy one, even if the price point surpassed the Svante. Some of the higher-end Japanese pieces show that production pattern-welding can be done, although I am at a loss as to how short of sweatshops. It would be a legendary sword, though. Drool-worthy doesn't even begin to describe it. :D

Ah well. I'll wait patiently, and see what kind of greatness Albion graces us with. :)
Sam Barris wrote:
This thread is just torturous. Every time it gets a bump I think it’s Mike telling us that the last one has been sold. I really want one of those swords, but after my recent acquisitions, I just can’t justify it right now. Why must you torment me with what I can’t have! ;)

Alas. I shall have to look forward to the Museum Line version, and ensure that my bank account is ready to strike when that day comes. :D

All right, this is not Mike, and the last one has not been sold.

HOWEVER, the NEXT to last one has been sold to your's truly... (I was actually hoping to get *the* last since I got the last bec de corbin by A&A, but I'll settle for next to last...)

There is literally one left. Anybody who wants it had better step up to the plate now or forever hold your peace...
Sam,

The torture is over.

Curt Cummins
Whew! Glad that's over with. Congratulations to everyone who got one.

Now the torturous wait for the Museum Line version can begin! :D
Curt Cummins wrote:
Sam,

The torture is over.

Curt Cummins

Ooh! That means that one is coming to my corner of the world! ;)
Sintered?
I had meant to ask if powdered metals were fabricated into sintered blades rather than forged. True? No? What an idea, anyway.

jwe

G Ezell wrote:
By the way, to me this is the most attractive factory-made sword I've ever seen. Pity I can't afford one.

Alot of bladesmiths these days are making pattern-welded/mosaics from powdered metals, and these powdered metals are not that easy to acquire. It is by no means a large market, but we are willing to pay the same price for powdered metals that we are for barstock....

Just a thought, I hate to think of good steel sold for the price of scrap.
The SOLD OUT sign has been hung! MUSEUM LINE or Bust!! Hey, I have the Valkyrje but I'd get the museum line also!!
I just ordered the third to the last one of these swords from Albion's European outlet. So, if you are very desperate to have one, there are two more left...
Right now it there is ONE last left! Luckily I have mine for more than a month now ;) and I can tell you that this sword amazed me with it's beauty once again today morning. So don't hesitate and get yourself a nice Christmas present!

Milan
NG Valkyrja sold out at AE
Hi,

The Valkyrja is now sold out at Albion Europe also. For those who wonder why this model suddenly reappeared at Albion Europe (after being sold out for a long time at Albion US) ... the reason is that when it was almost sold out I bought a bunch to keep in stock for when the new version of my website opened. But the new site turned into a almost 2 year delay nightmare .... finally it was (almost) ready though ... and I put the Valkyrja there on the front page :-)

Best wishes,

Søren
Re: NG Valkyrja sold out at AE
Søren Niedziella wrote:
Hi,

The Valkyrja is now sold out at Albion Europe also. For those who wonder why this model suddenly reappeared at Albion Europe (after being sold out for a long time at Albion US) ... the reason is that when it was almost sold out I bought a bunch to keep in stock for when the new version of my website opened. But the new site turned into a almost 2 year delay nightmare .... finally it was (almost) ready though ... and I put the Valkyrja there on the front page :-)

Best wishes,

Søren

So far thats the third person who got the last one. Nice...
I guess I can count myself very lucky and in debt of gratitude to Søren who reserved a few of these to sell this late. My wife fell in love with the sword back when all we had were early drawings of it on Albion's site, but we didn't have the capital to go for it back then. Now, she'll receive it for her birthday come February (if I can hide the box until then). :)
Re: The Valkyrja - Only 15 Remaining
Howard Waddell wrote:
There will be some sort of second edition of this sword, but it will be slightly different, more expensive and possibly even more rare.

[ Linked Image ]

Best,

Howy

Old thread arise ;)

Any news about the second edition Valkyrja? I am curious if it see the light of the day and how the new version will look like. I realy like the first edition as is. Combining the actual guard/pommel design with some sort of ornamented silver grip (as seen on the original Suontaka) and the actual blade would be awesome. I think the actual pommel/guard design represent the Suontaka style realy good and so i wouldnt change it.

Just my 2 cents,
Christian
Saw one of these beautys for sale in the Marketplace recently... alas I was too poor to take advantage. :( One of my top 5 Albions and one I would dearly love to own.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: