List Benefactors group in Contributor Center
Hello,

Some time ago, I noted someone (probably Jean Thibodeau) was a member of the "Benefactors" group (quote: "members who are pledging on-going financial support to myArmoury.com to help offset the costs of running this site"). I agreed with the reasoning of the group description and joined because although I wanted to support the myArmoury project, I didn't really want any of the member services or plans and preferred to enable a regularly scheduled pledge (as opposed to remembering to make regular donations).

I note that the Benefactors group is listed nowhere on the site (certainly doesn't show up in a site search); why not list it along with the other methods of offsetting the site expenses in the Contributor Center? There probably are at least a few other people out there who would be happy to pledge as opposed to making a one-time donation.

This is a minor concern considering the number of ways to help myArmoury (as well as get something out of it, with the upgraded memberships), but it seemed like the existence of the group was perhaps off of the radar screen from almost everyone's standpoint.

Cheers,
GLL
Re: List Benefactors group in Contributor Center
Gabriel Lebec wrote:
Hello,

Some time ago, I noted someone (probably Jean Thibodeau) was a member of the "Benefactors" group (quote: "members who are pledging on-going financial support to myArmoury.com to help offset the costs of running this site"). I agreed with the reasoning of the group description and joined because although I wanted to support the myArmoury project, I didn't really want any of the member services or plans and preferred to enable a regularly scheduled pledge (as opposed to remembering to make regular donations).

I note that the Benefactors group is listed nowhere on the site (certainly doesn't show up in a site search); why not list it along with the other methods of offsetting the site expenses in the Contributor Center? There probably are at least a few other people out there who would be happy to pledge as opposed to making a one-time donation.

This is a minor concern considering the number of ways to help myArmoury (as well as get something out of it, with the upgraded memberships), but it seemed like the existence of the group was perhaps off of the radar screen from almost everyone's standpoint.

Cheers,
GLL

Old post but my " Benefactors " contribution got knock-off/cancelled due to a creditcard change and some problem with Paypal not functioning without a valid creditcard attached to the account ( at least this is what I think the problem is )

Trying to re-subscribe to the Benafactors Group but having trouble finding where to do it on the site. :eek: :?:

I will be looking around further and may find it soon after finishing this post but it should be easier to find, assuming it's not just right in front of me but I don't see it. :confused: :surprised:
O.K. got " Smart or sneaky : : I noticed that " Benefactor " is written on the profile on the left under the Avatar of Gabriel as well as the other groups he belong to ...... so I clicked on it and this got me to the Benefactors subscription page and I made my donation and things seem back to normal here and with the functioning of my Paypal account.

Now if there is an easier and more obvious way to find the " Benefactors Subscription Page " rather than finding another memberI haven't found it or at least others looking for it might not find it.

Also fixed my Premier Group membership that was also " accidentally " cancelled.

Private business but I think it might have some general interest if any other members have the same problem and anything to encourage contributions although we are not currently into a fund drive every little bit during the year helps. ;) :D
Jean-

All usergroup functions are is the "usergroups" page, available in the navigation bar of the forum.

Members who are logged in see:

>Forum Index >Memberlist >Usergroups >Spotlight Topics >Watched Topics >Search

For non-logged in people:

>Forum Index >Memberlist >Usergroups >Spotlight Topics >Search
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Jean-

All usergroup functions are is the "usergroups" page, available in the navigation bar of the forum.

Members who are logged in see:

>Forum Index >Memberlist >Usergroups >Spotlight Topics >Watched Topics >Search

For non-logged in people:

>Forum Index >Memberlist >Usergroups >Spotlight Topics >Search

Thanks Nathan but it is something I rarely go have a look at so it's a bit like putting on sock early in the morning and then not knowing what colour they are unless one has a look. ;) :lol: Stuff just in front of us that we see every day we almost become blind to I guess.
I know the feeling and can relate to the blind eye!

Wait a minute, are you telling me to put a sock in it? What?

:D
Nathan Robinson wrote:

this is really great, a nice sock ... :lol:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

Well no. ;) :lol: :cool: Actually I meant socks ( plural, and not in mouth ..... in case it is again ambiguous. :eek: ).

NOTE 1: I usual only spot typos after I submit and I usual hit the edit button to fit as many as I spot even if it's an old message of mine, but on this Forum I don't see an edit button. :?: :confused: Does this Forum not allow editing as I have no problem with the other Forums editing ???

NOTE 2: I wonder how many of you here use the edit button and correct your typos when you spot one ? I always check my text with a spell checker before I post although this does miss technically well spelled words that turn out wrong because of grammar or context issues. ( Sorry sort of off Topic about the spelling issue but I have been looking for an excuse to mention it. ;) :p :lol: :cool: ).

Oh, and being a " Benefactor " is a painless way to support the site during the years. ;) :cool: ( A bit more shameless promotion for the site. :D ).
See what I mean ! Usual should read usually ..... but no edit function to keep me fromp loooookingg stooupidd !
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Does this Forum not allow editing as I have no problem with the other Forums editing ???

Upper-right, button "E", next to "Quote."
Gabriel Lebec wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Does this Forum not allow editing as I have no problem with the other Forums editing ???

Upper-right, button "E", next to "Quote."

Yes I use the " E " edit button all the time when I post as I usually find at least one typo after I click " SUBMIT ".

Maybe it's just me or maybe it only happens intermittently but at least on this Forum the " E " was/is not there between
" QUOTE " & " REPORT " ???

Will checka again after I submit this post. ;) :D ( All the other Forums have the " E "
Oh, the " E " and the " X " that is usually between " QUOTE " & " REPORT " not there ???

So the " X " for delete post is also missing ........ :confused: :?:

Would have edited my previous post instead of making another if I could. ( Sorry, don't want to multiply these posts anymore so I will let the subject drop or go to P.M. : It's not really a problem but I'm just curious about what I'm noticing and the why of it. :D :cool: )
Jean,
Not every forum or sub-forum is set up the same way.

When you're in a post or a forum page, scroll to the bottom and you'll see what your permissions are in that forum/sub-forum.

Look for text like this:

Quote:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

Those permissions vary by forum and by user type.
Thanks Chad this does answer the question and my curiosity is satisfied. ;) :lol: :cool:

Funny how many things one doesn't notice unless one is looking for it or needs it to do something or is stopped from doing something !

Don't want to argue about the reasons for each Forums rules but I guess there is some reason why one isn't allowed to edit posts or delete them on this sub forum ? It just makes typos more " painful when one can't go back and correct them.

Not really a problem though. ;) :cool:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: