couple new Odins
Here is a great sword, 60" total and 4lbs and 9ounces. The recurved sword is a custom job at right under 2 lbs and 35" total I think. It is not finished, but will be end of the weekend. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Attachment: 31.59 KB
DSCF0056.JPG

Attachment: 29.69 KB
DSCF0057 (Small).JPG

Attachment: 25.54 KB
DSCF0058 (Small).JPG

Attachment: 24.54 KB
DSCF0059 (Small).JPG

Attachment: 30.47 KB
DSCF0060 (Small).JPG

Attachment: 28.69 KB
DSCF0061 (Small).JPG

Very nice, John! I love that Great Sword, do you have a close up shot of the engraving? Thanks for posting! :D
Sweet swords!! Is the great sword a blunt or is that just an illusion in the photos? I really like the saber and can't wait to see it polished up!!

Thanks for posting these!
Wow John, I dig that 60 incher! I need to call you on that one. Cant wait to see the recurved one finished. Your the man John!
Chris Lampe wrote:
Sweet swords!! Is the great sword a blunt or is that just an illusion in the photos? I really like the saber and can't wait to see it polished up!!

Thanks for posting these!
Thanks guys! The Greatsword is very sharp most of the way up from tip, then starts to get blunt up the fuller a ways to the shoulder for handling/halfswording. Good eyes there Chris. Don't have any more pictures and it's going tomorrow to Montana. The single edge sword is going to take alot more work and have to make a scabbard.
Love both of these. I especially like the greatsword - it's a nice middle-ground between historical and fantasy/contemporary. Really, this is how I think swords should me made.

The recurve saber is also handsome, though it looks to me like the upturned quillon would be a tight fit for the knuckles. Might just be me seeing things, though.
Anders Backlund wrote:
Love both of these. I especially like the greatsword - it's a nice middle-ground between historical and fantasy/contemporary. Really, this is how I think swords should me made.

The recurve saber is also handsome, though it looks to me like the upturned quillon would be a tight fit for the knuckles. Might just be me seeing things, though.
The bottom quillon is going to be adjusted out a little more. But it is comfy now and doesn't rub much at all in handling, thanks

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: