Budding blade-smith
I sent my son Evan over to a bladesmith friend for a couple of days to hang out and heres what he came
back with. Not bad for a first time at knife making,hoping he'll get more interested and make poor 'ol Dad lots of money......

William
aka Bill

Attachment: 31.56 KB
Evan's 1st knife making.jpg

Here's a close-up with "his" makers mark.....

Attachment: 26.64 KB
Evan knife 1.jpg

other side...ElJay liked it and told him to keep his nose to the grindstone...

Attachment: 27.5 KB
Evan knife 2.jpg

Tell your son a job well done William .

Looks nice .
Thanks Tom,

Im hoping that he will stay interested and become the next Vince Evans or ElJay and make Dad all kinds of neat things.......

William
aka Bill
That's awsome. How was the blade made? And the guard? I Myself have been toying with the idea of blade making. I have a friend who is excellent with wood working, and we have agreed that if I provide him with the blades he will hilt them. Tell your son I'm impressed. :)
Thanks for all the kind words, I know Evan will be greatful as well. The blade & guard are hand ground. He actually made the blade from an old flat file. It's super sharp too, got the cut to prove it...
Here is a link to my friends web-site who showed Evan how to make it.
BTW his name is also William Goodwin...."Twighlight Zone" strange it is . Call him Will and call me Bill, just to keep the confusion down.
www.knivesbywill.com

William
aka Bill
Hey Bill, That's a great job and looks cool too! Certainly way better than I could do. Being good with your hands is always a worthy thing. Hope he sticks with it.
M. Taylor wrote:
Hey Bill, That's a great job and looks cool too! Certainly way better than I could do. Being good with your hands is always a worthy thing. Hope he sticks with it.

Thanks again. He'll be tickled to see all the good responses from this. He was a little uneasy about the first pic, but the wife wanted to send photos to her relatives across the pond that's why the Union Jack is in the back-ground.

William
aka Bill
Hey,
Just to let you all know how good this little knife is, when I first saw it I thought it was done by a swordsmith or knifesmith as a mini project; the finish and fit on it is so good!

Tell Evan not to let all the compliments get to his head TOO much, and to get that nose back on that grindstone!

--ElJay
Fantastic!
It does my heart good to see a youngster get interested in bladesmithing. He did a wonderful job! That little knife would look at home tucked in a cowboys boot in the 1850's....on in a Vikings belt in 850 AD. Keep up the good work, son! You'll be lead bladesmith for Albion in no time!!!...............MCM
Re: Fantastic!
Mark Moore wrote:
It does my heart good to see a youngster get interested in bladesmithing. He did a wonderful job! That little knife would look at home tucked in a cowboys boot in the 1850's....on in a Vikings belt in 850 AD. Keep up the good work, son! You'll be lead bladesmith for Albion in no time!!!...............MCM

Thanks Mark, I kinda like the part about sending him to work for the Albion crew, :D

William
aka Bill

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: