Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Customized Hanwei Tinker Norman Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Sonny Suttles
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Customized Hanwei Tinker Norman         Reply with quote

We had an order for a Hanwei Tinker Norman with an integral belt. This is what we came up with. Let me know what you guys think.

Sonny

www.valiant-armoury.com
www.customswordshoppe.com
Luke Zechman

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow that looks fantastic. I really like the dark brown of the leather covering the scabbard. The wrap on the handle looks superb as well. Great work!!!
Brogdon Combs

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stunning! Eek!

That is one of the most beautiful scabbards I've ever seen, seriously. once again, you've taken a sword that I wasn't even interested in and thrown it to the top of my to-get list. Big Grin

Bravo and encore, my friend! Cool

-Brogdon

"Here's to you, mister pirate-ship-captain! With your endless booty calls and a violent streak that makes Grand Theft Auto look like Super Mario Kart, only you could bring the wooden leg back into fashion, and only you could fight three men at a time with a patch over one eye and a hook for a hand."
-Strongblade.com
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

How much did that cost?

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sonny Suttles
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Hanwei Tinker Norman list for 329.00. We did this for 500.00 for sword and leather work with a 20% Discount for Custom Sword Shoppe forum members. That brought it down to 400.00 out the door.

Sonny

www.valiant-armoury.com

Last edited by Sonny Suttles on Fri 30 Oct, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That really does look nice Sonny. I have a couple of questions about the scabbard. Mainly is it wood cored? If so, does it have kind kind of lining like wool? You are really raising the bar at this price point on what can be had. Keep up the great work!

Scott

Chris Landwehr 10/10/49-1/1/09 My Mom
Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sonny Suttles wrote:
The Hanwei Tinker Norman list for 329.00. We did this for 500.00 for sword and leather work with a 20% Discount for Custom Sword Shoppe forum members. That brought it don't to 400.00 out the door.

Sonny

Its always hard to tell quality and workmaship for sure from photos alone but my gut response is "freakin' insane!!". In the photos the sword and scabbard looks brilliant and from what I can see based on what you posted here I cannot believe the price point.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Julien M

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Sonny,

Congratulations are in order. You and your team as well as Tinker/Hanwei are really changing the landscape as far as this price point is concerned, and that deserves high praise.

This is very impressive work indeed, grip and scabbard wise, and the price point makes it even more attractive. The all package has a very distinct "fletcher" look about it (especially the way you dealt with the scabbard mouth and grip overlap). The only thing that bothers me is that I had the exact same design in mind for mine Happy and seeing it done (and very well done for that matter) kind of ruins it all for me! Well I'll research for more scabbards options and will come up with another approach Happy

Keep up the great work and looking forward to see more.

Cheers,

Julien
Sonny Suttles
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Julien M wrote:
This is very impressive work indeed, grip and scabbard wise, and the price point makes it even more attractive. The all package has a very distinct "fletcher" look about it (especially the way you dealt with the scabbard mouth and grip overlap).

Thanks Julien,

If our work has a "Christian Fletcher" look to it then that is a testament to how distinctive Christian's work really is. In trying hard to duplicate the leather work on our Signature Collection swords that are designed by Christian, of course that would influence us in any project where we work in leather. Let me be clear. Our leather shop is built for the partnership that Valiant Armoury, Christian Fletcher and Gus Trim have formed for these lines. The only reason we are experimenting with other swords is to keep my leather guys employed in between shipments of the Signature Collection swords and the Gus Trim performance cutting line swords. We gained permission from Hanwei before we began customizing these swords.
It is just a side project that we call the Custom Sword Shoppe. We do have plans to add to this and we are working with Gus and Christian redesigning our original line. These redesigned swords will be available in our Custom Sword Shoppe.

Julien M wrote:
The only thing that bothers me is that I had the exact same design in mind for mine Happy and seeing it done (and very well done for that matter) kind of ruins it all for me! Well I'll research for more scabbards options and will come up with another approach Happy

The design for that package was ordered specifically by a customer. Sorry he had the same idea that you had. Blush
I see no reason why you could not continue with your project as intended. I am sure it will have your own personality when completed. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Sonny

www.valiant-armoury.com

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Customized Hanwei Tinker Norman
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic