Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword Stands For Display -DIY Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Harry J. Fletcher

Reading list: 44 books

PostPosted: Thu 29 Oct, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Sword Stands For Display -DIY         Reply with quote

I have posted before on making sword stands and a recent post was made about a floor stand for swords. Since I have a new video exhibiting display stands I have made, I thought I would share some of my ideas with fellow members. These are not fancy but are functional, simple, and not all that bad looking if I say so myself.

My purpose is to encourage others to make their own, and use with their own ideas while saving money at the same time. As for me I got tired of seeing the same old merchandise being sold on the net so I decided to try my hand at making one or two of my own. As stated above, simplicity was the object of the design with functionality as the purpose. I hope that some of you will come up with some ideas of your own and share the results with rest of us.

Here is the Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nII4Ync59s0

To Study The Edge of History
Brogdon Combs

PostPosted: Thu 29 Oct, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brilliant! Eek! Big Grin

Thank you so very much for posting this... I have recently gotten into DIY sword projects, and my cheapie $15 wall hanging display rack for katana just isn't cuttin' it for m. (parden the pun) ;-) I haven't watched the video yet, but rest assured that it will be at the top of my to-do list tomorrow morning. ;D

Thanks again; I'll let you know what I do.

Sincerely,
Brogdon Combs

"Here's to you, mister pirate-ship-captain! With your endless booty calls and a violent streak that makes Grand Theft Auto look like Super Mario Kart, only you could bring the wooden leg back into fashion, and only you could fight three men at a time with a patch over one eye and a hook for a hand."
-Strongblade.com
Nick Larking

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Is it just me or isnt the sound in the vid working, you seem to be talking but cant hear anything of it.
Displays are simple but effective and not bad at all if you ask me. Although it could use some prettier wood kinds and some more round shapes, but thats just my personal opinion.
Harry J. Fletcher

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Nick         Reply with quote

The sound is working Ok, check the sound on your computer. If that doesn't work there is the sound control just below the Youtube screen on the lower right. thanks for watching. Hope you get some ideas of your own. The wood I used didn't show up very well in the video and the pegs didn't come out at all.

Regards,

Harry Big Grin Big Grin

Zach Gordon

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm not getting sound either...
Harry J. Fletcher

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: No Sound?         Reply with quote

Sorry guys, everyone complains I talk too much. You guys are the first to complain you can't hear me...LOL! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Try placing your mouse indicator on the speaker horn at the lower right bottom of the Youtube screen which should activate an image of a sound control button. Just hold your mouse button down and raise the the button upward which should increase the sound level. If this doesn't work, either your computer sound is turned down or off. If neither is the case I can only venture a guess that maybe there is some kind of incompatibility. Occasionally, I have had this problem with a Youtube video and come back later only to get the sound. Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Harry

Harry J. Fletcher

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jan, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Sword Stands DIY         Reply with quote

I had previously posted on making your own sword stands with a link to Youtube but now after Christmas I have a new electronic camera to take and upload pictures. Here are some pictures of the sword stands I have made. They are quite inexpensive, sturdy, and very functional. If you do not like them then...make your own!

Attachment: 204.33 KB
Sword Stands 2 001.jpg

Attachment: 204.65 KB
Sword Stands 2 002.jpg

Attachment: 202.49 KB
Sword Stands 2 003.jpg

Attachment: 202.2 KB
Sword Stands 2 004.jpg

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Sword Stands For Display -DIY
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic