Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

I'm on the left. It was very hot that day so I'm wearing just a few items. I'll post another pic when I decide to wear the whole thing. :D

Attachment: 211.57 KB
compressed.jpg

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

i think I'll add a small waist belt. too bad you can't see my knees or very much of my padded chausis. my riveted mittens are waiting for me to pic them u and attach them
Artis Aboltins wrote:
My current incarnation of the Vendel period warrior in action.

Chuck Russell wrote:
Artis, is the human knee SUPPOSED to bend that way? heheheh

haha, that is the Vendel period warrior about to be OUT of action! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aleksei, I must say that kit looks pretty man-at-arms like, pretty cool :)
still 8days left till i order my italian armour (well breast and backplate + arms atleast) after those, an armet, some more leg protection and italian pauldrons instead of my gothic spaulders and i'll be finished!
My new (bought used) helmet & bevor:

Made by Wild Armoury. Have to tie the bevor properly to the "jack" (it's actually a late 14th. / early 15th. century gambeson, but let's not be too picky).
heres my not finished 15th cent. man-at-arms kit. looks very lord of the ringsey, but pretty darn cool! :lol: :lol: :lol:

[ Linked Image ]
My kit
Hi all,
we are a 14th century group called Preussenreise Inc based in melbourne australia, we represent the baltic crusades organised by the Teutonic Knights. Sort of a club Medieval for the time. This allows us a variety of styles for our members. This my latest helmet - i've got to get to making a matching surcoat but for the photos i used a teutonic knight surcoat hence the Medieval total war look.
The helmet, vanbraces, coat of plates ( underneath), spalders and legs are hand made, the mail and gauntlets are bought.

Auzzyfella
http://preussenreise.webs.com/

Attachment: 94.5 KB
Clipboard011.jpg

Attachment: 93.65 KB
Clipboard022.jpg

a couple pics i took about nine months back. at the time i was still waiting for my albion sempach to arrive with christian fletcher scabbard. the fittings are steel; grip and westminster scabbard leather colored a blue that looks like the sea when the clouds pass in front of the sun! :D
I've received it by now, but unfortunately haven't had a chance to get any of the pictures onto my computer, of course it doesn't help that they're back in the states with the sword! (currently stationed in Japan)
In any case please forgive the waster, some how at the time i couldn't bring myself to take a picture of my new maile sans some sort of sword. Hopefully i'll get some of the pics i took when i was with the real blade before we head back out on that blue so i can post them.

Attachment: 36.08 KB
7829_136686768518_522068518_2592908_3818258_n.jpg

Attachment: 53.96 KB
n522068518_1488428_1157593.jpg

Can't say the photo flatter's the maille -- where'd you get it?

M.
Interesting maile. Your barracks looks nice. They sure have made improvements since I was in. :D
Troy G L Williams wrote:
Interesting maile. Your barracks looks nice. They sure have made improvements since I was in. :D

That"s a barracks???!!! Gotta be Air Force! BOQ to boot!!
does anyone have any 15th cent. geonese or venitian crossbowman kits? i would really like to see one.
I managed to get some pictures of my updated plate harness. I had Allan over at Merc's Tailor reshape my breast+back a bit to make it fit better, and this year I've added the voiders and replaced the legs with the GDFB legs, and I also added some new points on the arming doublet to adjust for some of these changes.

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]
I . . . Am . . . Iron . . . Man! ;)

Seriously that's cool!

But then I've always loved Gothic Plate
Ed Toton wrote:
I managed to get some pictures of my updated plate harness. I had Allan over at Merc's Tailor reshape my breast+back a bit to make it fit better, and this year I've added the voiders and replaced the legs with the GDFB legs, and I also added some new points on the arming doublet to adjust for some of these changes.

What can I say? Nice kit, Ed! :)

Best,
My full suit is one or two pages back on this thread. Though since the money is rather tight right now, I could not continue on with wearing my work boots with my kit. So I did the next best thing! and made maille Sox to cover the boots. I know historically it is not correct, but we do the best with what we have, and I had maille. So here are a few close-ups, I'll have new pics in a few weeks, Ren Fest is right around the corner.

Here are a few different angles...

navy actually.

the maile is flat ring riveted, but its also galvanized. I got it at the school i attend (when i'm in port), Tintigal Castle. I'm stationed in Japan so my instructor is one of a very select few people who have things on the shelf out here; I'm not sure who he went through. Over all i'm satisfied with it, its the first/only shirt i own and i got to try it on before purchase. that last point is actually rather important, the average fighter/reenactor in the states is somewhat larger than i am, here in japan I'm at the tall end of normal! :)
Hi all! Here is some pic. of me in my fighting and jousting kit. Some more pic. to find on http://www.campmalloy.se/profilbilder%20ege.html

Attachment: 166.56 KB
egehacka.jpg

Attachment: 51.4 KB
n751887943_844264_7179.jpg

Do you like my new armour? :D

It's an alumnium and rubber prop armour I had to wear for an Ad I stunt-doubled on. Very, very uncomfortable.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 26 of 100

Jump to: