For Sale: Bashford Dean's Handbook to the Met (1921 ed.)
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Unlike my other post, this is an original edition of Bashford Dean's Handbook of Arms and Armour: European and Oriental including the William H. Riggs Collection for the Metropolitan Museum's collection, not a reprint. This is a great reference book, illustrated with black and white pics on photo paper interspersed throughout the book.

As a nearly 90 year old paperback, it has some condition issues. The covers are damaged around the edges and the front cover is in danger of coming off altogether. The back cover is torn slightly at the binding as well, but isn't in the same danger of coming off. The spine has lost some of its paper cover as well. The pages are spotted with age. The book could benefit greatly from a repair or rebinding, which would stabilize it for its new owner and greatly increase its dollar value down the road. As it stands, it's still a good readable reference copy, it just needs TLC.

Prices on these can be up to $65 or more. With the condition, I'm asking $35 (or best offer) + s/h. Money Order accepted, PayPal preferred (please add 3% for PayPal transactions).

Attachment: 135.39 KB
dean2.jpg

Feel free to make me an offer. :)

Does the book perhaps contain an image of this sax?

Attachment: 15.81 KB
scramasax-scan.jpg

Paul Hansen wrote:
Does the book perhaps contain an image of this sax?

Not that I saw.

Asking $28 or best offer (plus s/h).

Update:

1) Some may be concerned about this book's condition. To that end, I did some research and found materials to shore it up. Using acid-free linen hingeing tape inside and acid-free clear book tape on the outside, the covers are now firmly attached. It's now a stable reading copy. These tapes are not supposed to yellow, peel or crack and should keep the book in good shape for years to come. Considering only 1,000 copies of this edition were printed in 1921, this one should be around a while longer.

2) Price drop to $25 or best offer (+ s/h).

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: