Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > PA Roundtable Sword Talk Featuring Albion Swords Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Raymond Deancona

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jul, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: PA Roundtable Sword Talk Featuring Albion Swords         Reply with quote

All, Friday night July 23, at 7pm I will be giving a short talk and demo on medieval swords (focusing primarily on Viking age and prior). The talk will be held at Jekyl the Hidesmith and Artisans' Shop in Skippack: Skippack Village, in the Shops of Victorian Carriage House, 4039 Skippack Pike (Rt 73) Skippack, PA. I will be featuring Albion Armorers swords. These are exquisite reproductions, and I will be using these as demonstrations of the ancient sword makers art. Please RSVP to me at this email address (rdeancona1@yahoo.com) by Monday July 19, so I know how much "snack" food to stock!
p.s. if you know anyone who would be interested in the talk, but doesn't subscribe to myArmoury.com, please forward them the information, and ask them to RSVP.
Jeff Larsen

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jul, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: PA Roundtable Sword Talk Featuring Albion Swords         Reply with quote

Hi Raymond,

I live 20 minutes away. I'll be seeing you there. Sounds like a great program. Any free samples???

Jeff Big Grin

Raymond Deancona wrote:
All, Friday night July 23, at 7pm I will be giving a short talk and demo on medieval swords (focusing primarily on Viking age and prior). The talk will be held at Jekyl the Hidesmith and Artisans' Shop in Skippack: Skippack Village, in the Shops of Victorian Carriage House, 4039 Skippack Pike (Rt 73) Skippack, PA. I will be featuring Albion Armorers swords. These are exquisite reproductions, and I will be using these as demonstrations of the ancient sword makers art. Please RSVP to me at this email address (rdeancona1@yahoo.com) by Monday July 19, so I know how much "snack" food to stock!
p.s. if you know anyone who would be interested in the talk, but doesn't subscribe to myArmoury.com, please forward them the information, and ask them to RSVP.
Jim Lindsey

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jul, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Raymond, please accept my best wishes for a very successful and enjoyable Round Table. It's too bad that PA is so far from TX, else I'd love to be there and attend. I know you'll all have a wonderful time and I wish all the best for your evening.

Happy

"And so it shall be that in the days of peace, one sword shall keep another in its scabbard."

Have a great day ! Best Regards,
Jim
Timothy Gulics

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jul, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I might be able to go. Skippack is about an hour from where I work. Hmm.

Jekyl's a pretty cool guy. Never met him in person, but he made a belt for me. Wink

The sword is my companion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Mike Fletcher

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jul, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have a lace-up sword frog from Jekyl the Hidesmith - nice work and reasonable prices. Wish I was able to attend the discussion. Mad

Best wishes for a fun and educational evening!

Mike
Timothy Gulics

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jul, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What Albion swords will be present?

Will we be able to handle these swords, or are we strictly limited to looking but not touching? Wink

The sword is my companion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Jeff Larsen

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jul, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: PA Roundtable Sword Talk Featuring Albion Swords: Follow-up         Reply with quote

HI All,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Raymond, Tom of Jekyl the Hidesmith and Albion Armorers for a great evening. For those who could not venture forth in the mighty deluge of rain, a great time was held. Raymond gave a short talk about reporduction and medieval sword manufacture, Tom discussed leatherworking while he worked and Albion provided several swords for Jeff to play with and drool over. (Sorry about the rust marks, I'm sure Raymond cleaned them up.Happy)

Thanks again and look forward to ordering my new Templar.

Jeff Big Grin
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jul, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: PA Roundtable Sword Talk Featuring Albion Swords: Follow         Reply with quote

Jeff Larsen wrote:
Tom discussed leatherworking while he worked and Albion provided several swords for Jeff to play with and drool over. (Sorry about the rust marks, I'm sure Raymond cleaned them up.Happy)

He better have cleaned them up. Those swords are coming here for the Cincy Round Table. I don't want to have to clean your slobber off the blades. Happy

Jeff or Raymond, how many people were at the event? Sounds like it was fun.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Jeff Larsen

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jul, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Slobber         Reply with quote

Hi Chad,

Yeah, Raymond mentioned that they were coming to you. I asked him about a impromptu scratch and dent sale, but he would not have that. Cry

The slobber was more like tears falling from my face as he was packing them up.Razz I handled all the swords and the templar (1) fit my big hand the best and (2) felt the best for handling. I would have loved to cut with all of them to see how they fared from my dry handling of them.

Have fun,

Jeff Happy

(P.S. They were 3 there)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > PA Roundtable Sword Talk Featuring Albion Swords
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic