Pimped my Albion
So quite a few months ago when Albion had their first "This Economy Sucks" sale I bought an Albion Earl with Plum grips and wire wrap upper grip. I had it shipped to Christian Fletcher for a scabbard and he and I came up with a few new options to add that you don't see too often on standard scabbard or production blades. So I pimped it out a bit. ;-)

I came up with a Latin motto that reflects my mood when I was able to buy the sword. You see I bought it on a rare Albion sale with money I got out of the blue, so I made a motto to match. I had Christian engrave the motto in gothic letters on both sides of the sword and on the scabbard, which he hand carved. I think he did a spectacular job and so I share with you the final pictures he made for me of the completed rig. All in all it came out better than expected and I am salivating now waiting for the delivery.

Enjoy the pictures, which can also be viewed on the following on-line photo book at
http://gallery.me.com/christianfletcher1#1017...l=12[/url]

Best Regards to you all,

Bryce Felperin

Attachment: 25.24 KB
God's Gift and Scabbard.jpg
Out of Scabbard

Attachment: 28.75 KB
God's Gift Blade Motto.jpg
The Motto on the Blade

Attachment: 29.48 KB
God's Gift Scabbard Motto.jpg
The Motto on the Scabbard

Attachment: 24.5 KB
God's Gift in Scabbard.jpg
In Scabbard
Cool, now you just need period hat with feather, and some serious gold chains..

;)

Seriously though, great sword, though I probably like scabbard even more.

Congratulations.
Bryce,
Spectacular job? But, it is much more.

Mei per Dei Mos = my custom through God, means this?
Mos Maioris = according to the custom of our ancestors
If it means this is very nice also the motto.
Ciao
Maurizio
Per should go with accusative, dei is genitive, if there is not some strange usage i have forgotten with time there is something sounding wrong with that phrase.

Dei is also a rare form of plural nominative but I ever found dii or di.

Nice scabbard though.
Curious About Meaning of Your Post
Just curious about the word "pimped" since I thought it meant sold as in a in pimp sells a prostitute to a customer. No offense. Not calling you a pimp, I am just an old guy not up to par in the modern slang. Could you possibly tell me what you meant by "you pimped your Albion?" :?: :?: :?:

Nice Sword and especially the custom scabbord. I need one for mine but have to calm down the wife first. she just learned of my first Albion purchase.
I assume the phrase is supposed to be "mine by God's will" ?
My Latin is rubbish but there does seem something a little odd about it.

@ Mr Fletcher, to "pimp out" can mean both "to sell, as a pimp sells a prostitute" but also "to dress up in an exaggeratedly extravagant way, as a pimp would". ;)
sword
Well done my brother in arms :cool: u really need to bring that to sword class and let me have to honor of wielding that master piece from the gods!!!!!!
Bartek Strojek wrote:
Cool, now you just need period hat with feather, and some serious gold chains..

;)

Seriously though, great sword, though I probably like scabbard even more.

Congratulations.

You should like the scabbard more...it cost more than the sword. ;-)
Re: Curious About Meaning of Your Post
Harry J. Fletcher wrote:
Just curious about the word "pimped" since I thought it meant sold as in a in pimp sells a prostitute to a customer. No offense. Not calling you a pimp, I am just an old guy not up to par in the modern slang. Could you possibly tell me what you meant by "you pimped your Albion?" :?: :?: :?:

Nice Sword and especially the custom scabbord. I need one for mine but have to calm down the wife first. she just learned of my first Albion purchase.

"Pimped" as in "Pimp my ride", which is an obscure reality TV show. Even though I'm 47 years old I listen to younger people and "pimped" has sort of metamorphed to a verb term for "dressed up". Though the term is still used for the older definition, but also as a joke term as well.

However, I apologize if the title/use of the term offends anyone on this site and I definitely don't condone "pimping" as a form as sexual exploitation. Nothing lower than a real Pimp in my opionion...but that's another topic that doesn't belong on this forum, so apologies.

Best regards,

Bryce
Andrew Maxwell wrote:
I assume the phrase is supposed to be "mine by God's will" ?
My Latin is rubbish but there does seem something a little odd about it.

@ Mr Fletcher, to "pimp out" can mean both "to sell, as a pimp sells a prostitute" but also "to dress up in an exaggeratedly extravagant way, as a pimp would". ;)

Correct on the motto. ;-) Me and another co-worker who knew more Latin than I (or retained it from school way back better than I) thought it up. It's a simple to remember motto. If it's incorrect Latin, so be it. I figure it's good enough for the masses. ;-)
Re: sword
Tim Seaton wrote:
Well done my brother in arms :cool: u really need to bring that to sword class and let me have to honor of wielding that master piece from the gods!!!!!!

Oh you'll probably see it soon. It ships today. :-)
Not Offended
Bryce, I was not offended. Just not up to par in the modern lexicon and wasn't sure of your meaning. ;) ;) :lol: :lol: However, using the slang term "pimped" and GOD in the same post is not really conducive to one's health if you know what I mean. HE has the keys to lightening bolt locker and it is best not to offend HIM even slightly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My suggestion for your new sword is go find some real "pimps" and make amends! :eek: :eek:

(No real violence meant or intended to be done. Please fax signed affidavit to me that you do not, will not, and intend not to commit any violent act as a result of this post.) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Not Offended
Harry J. Fletcher wrote:
Bryce, I was not offended. Just not up to par in the modern lexicon and wasn't sure of your meaning. ;) ;) :lol: :lol: However, using the slang term "pimped" and GOD in the same post is not really conducive to one's health if you know what I mean. HE has the keys to lightening bolt locker and it is best not to offend HIM even slightly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My suggestion for your new sword is go find some real "pimps" and make amends! :eek: :eek:

(No real violence meant or intended to be done. Please fax signed affidavit to me that you do not, will not, and intend not to commit any violent act as a result of this post.) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I do intend to uphold my family honor and knightly ideals. ;-) After all, my in-laws do nick-name "Sir Talks Alot". ;-)

This piece will never see any blood unless I nick myself on the blade! I paid too much money for this sword to end up in an evidence locker! After all, there are a lot of cheap Pakistan made blades you can pick up for a song these days...whoops, forget I said that! (joke) ;-)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: