Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Just an early midday " BUMP ": I just noticed I tend to bump late at night when everybody " sane " in the Western Hemisphere is probably sleeping and the bump gets pushed down by other topics before many people get to see it if they only look at the most recent posts.

Hmmmmmm: We are not to far from $3000. ;) A nice round number. :lol:

Oh, last year we almost doubled the objective: The economy was better and we got into a competitive spirit of trying to see how high it would go. :D

Now the extra funds raised last year where mostly used by Nathan to offer nice " surprises " to the members in prizes and I can't say what he would do with extra funds this year ( apart from being nice to have a reserve or a head start on next year's expenses ), but generally Nathan uses any extra moneys to the general benefit of the site and/or for prizes or new features that he couldn't otherwise afford. ;) :cool:

So until the Fund drive is officially over I am continuing to encourage donations and wider participation in helping this site: Again, one of my hopes for this year is to get more people to contribute a little so as to spread the load as widely as possible and to get more people to feel that this site is something they belong to or have a stake in.

Anyway, I've run out of things to write for the moment ....... but that NEVER last for long .... ;) :p :D
One more week and a winner will be chosen.
Stay tuned, we'll be having more contests shortly after!
Nathan Robinson wrote:
One more week and a winner will be chosen.
Stay tuned, we'll be having more contests shortly after!

Yup, basically what I mentioned: Nathan likes to give us nice surprises and helping him run and pay for this place is also helping us in many ways, knowledge, people interested in the same things i.e. a community, and in those nice contests which are a fun bonus. :D :cool:

Oh, and " BUMP " ( I'll take any excuse .... I am a shameless bumper. :p ;) ).
Thanks to you Jean for your unflagging generosity, it's really something special.

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
...This would be fun and maybe also how they found this site in the first place and when they decided it was worth while coming back often to read or post to Topics.

Well, Chad's got me soundly beat as I didn't join until ~45 days of user registrations had gone by, but I remember when myArmoury was a series of regular links posted by Nathan on SFI to his personal site. The thing that snagged me, I remember, was actually a contest! :p Gradually as the membership changed at SFI I found I enjoyed the regular articles here, and that's my story.
Gabriel Lebec wrote:
Thanks to you Jean for your unflagging generosity, it's really something special.

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
...This would be fun and maybe also how they found this site in the first place and when they decided it was worth while coming back often to read or post to Topics.

Well, Chad's got me soundly beat as I didn't join until ~45 days of user registrations had gone by, but I remember when myArmoury was a series of regular links posted by Nathan on SFI to his personal site. The thing that snagged me, I remember, was actually a contest! :p Gradually as the membership changed at SFI I found I enjoyed the regular articles here, and that's my story.

Gabriel: Thanks for reviving this idea of telling us how one found this site as not too many people have contributed " stories ". ;) :lol: Sure contributing money is also nice and the goal of a fund drive but it's also an opportunity for some fun and some sharing our good feelings about this place: I'm sure that Nathan gets his motivational " battery " recharged knowing that his work is appreciated.

Also, it's also a good way to " BUMP " the Topic without getting too boring about it. ;) :cool:

Oh, the contributions are still coming in and we are at $2821 at the moment ...... That $1 is puzzling but maybe it's just an exchange rate thing if someone contributed in a different currency than the American dollar or someone gave $1 or more probably $11 :?: :?: :?: In any case the one " buck " is appreciated. :D

We are into the last few days before the donation drive officially ends, so those who haven't contributed yet and would like a chance at winning the spear should do it soon before it's too late if they have been procrastinating. :p :lol:
Well we are at $2871 so getting to $3000 would seem possible by Monday and every new donation makes me feel good as wider participation makes me " happy " for all the reasons I have " repeated " over a lot of posts. :p :eek: :lol:

Oh, and a lazy " BUMP " as I don't have the time right now to update my results Graphic on the other donation Topic thread I have been also " overfeeding " ( That " DOG " is getting really fat, woof woof. :p ).

Also, I'm not sure if I just want to update that Graphic or think up a new " Funny " graphic ..... don't have a visual idea for that yet.

Remember that there is one less day to donate. ;)
There's about 5.5 hours until the contest entry period is over. A winner will be chosen shortly after that time and will be contacted to confirm acceptance of the prize. If all goes as planned, I'll announce the results sometime tomorrow evening!
This contest is over and the winner has been chosen. Check out the Winner Announcement.

Thanks goes out to everybody who participated. We're having another contest soon!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: