Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Allan Senefelder wrote:
Dave, might just as well throw the one with the pole arm rack up as well, no such thing as to many long sharp pointies!

It's been noted by sharp eyed people at other fourms I have a lot of polearms sitting around to demo at events.

There ya go Allan.

:)
M. Eversberg II wrote:
Lord Soth.

M.

No, no, no you're wrong It's. . . Ausric Krell! :p
Ben P. wrote:
M. Eversberg II wrote:
Lord Soth.

M.

No, no, no you're wrong It's. . . Ausric Krell! :p

Now that's being mean :lol:

M.
My Kit
I'd like to thank Allan, of The Mercenary's Tailor for this harness.
I'm very sure I'll be placing an order for articualted greaves and mitten gauntlets after Pennsic.

[ Linked Image ]

The Helm, I'm still waiting on from another armourer. *bashful* sorry Allan.

The arming coat is from Historic Enterprises.
Joined hose, Revival Clothing
SCA Combat Crossbow, Brun Canutesen
michael, are those the 2" gussetts? I am very close to paying of my Breast and back plate with an order of the Arms as well. Finally I see what your (I also have the same gorget) Gorget will look like, when worn properly with the B&B. I am too excited and have finally finished my Arming jacket and attached voiders of maile onto it. The kit looks great!
Christopher VaughnStrever wrote:
michael, are those the 2" gussetts? I am very close to paying of my Breast and back plate with an order of the Arms as well. Finally I see what your (I also have the same gorget) Gorget will look like, when worn properly with the B&B. I am too excited and have finally finished my Arming jacket and attached voiders of maile onto it. The kit looks great!

Those are the standard sized gussetts. 1 thing that I'll ship back to Allan is the back plate to have flauds attached there as well.

Wrap shots aren't very forgiving to the unarmoured buttock. *ouch*
Michael T.,

I'm almost crying, I'm so jealous. I've been ogling the Breast and Back from Mercenary Tailor for quite a while now.

Turns out, saving pennies takes much longer to add up when a hobby like this is the end goal. Still, it's great to be able to see how it looks actually worn before I buy it. Now I really need to save my pennies! *Starts searching the couch cushions* :p
Christopher VaughnStrever wrote:

I'm making the decision to leave off the voiders. Just cuz. *shrug*
If you want to attach voiders to your arming vest, I can show you how to do it. and also i would suggest Stainless steel rings for the sole reason of not needing to oil rings attached to cloth material (I would imagine a huge headache doing that)

Also what I am planning to do is to make a maile half skirt for that back plate. I hear that on special orders, Allan is near a three year delay. I could be wrong to date.) with a maile cod piece. I have enough rings to do this and since I have been making and modifying my maile shirt for going on 3 and half years now, that will be one of the easiest parts of modifying my kit.

About three quarters of the way down is a pic of my kit. There you can see voiders attached to the back of the legs ( I have the same leg armour as you aslo)
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...;start=308
A minor update to my armour: sunday I was researching through the Company armors for an helmet that would fit my big head, but I couldn't wear one over my coif... Fortunately recently I enlarged my coif for a better confort, and I discovered that one of our simpler round helmets fit under the coif. It was an idea from the bible maciejowski...

[ Linked Image ]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons..._Navin.gif

Last edited by Gabriele A. Pini on Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Gabriele A. Pini wrote:
A minor update to my armour: sunday I was researching through the Company armors for an helmet that would fit my big head, but I couldn't wear one over my coif... Fortunately recently I enlarged my coif for a better confort, and I discovered that one of our simpler round helmets fit under the coif. It was an idea from the bible maciejowski...

[ Linked Image ]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons..._Navin.gif

Yes I have a cervelière from an Albion moat sale that fits very close to the head and my coif fits over it and this seems to have been very popular as the only head defense or with a great helm.

Later these evolved into the bascinet, something you probably already know. ;) :D
Hello, hers my go at it! this is my first (and only kit) asofar a 17th cent. soft. Im a noob here, (1st post) so look out if something technical goes wrong........ :p :lol: btw, im expecting some armour soon to make a military kit out of this, (from allan) and ill post those. (btw, allan, this is the nathan who's been emailing you with all of the questions, thanx for your help ;) )

Last edited by Nathan Quarantillo on Sun 16 Aug, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
My new Late Roman Horse Archers kit I am working on.

Rod, what kind of bow is that in the first pic, and where did you get it?
17th Century
Just 2 pictures of the group I play with from the event at Kelmarsh. We managed 72 men on the field with 2 wings of musket

Attachment: 50.67 KB
Battalia in line.jpg

Attachment: 72.17 KB
Fairfax battalia.jpg

Doing a runner
And I managed to find this one.

Shoes by Sarah Juniper, stocking by Paul Meekins, breeches by Izabela zebrowska with russett cloth by Stuart Peachy, Graz peascod curratt and York Castle Museum helmet by Waynes Nelmes

Attachment: 35.85 KB
Doing a runner.jpg

I think that my lousy computer stole my image....... :mad: im gonna give it another go...... okay, it's not uploading. the PC dies...................... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last edited by Nathan Quarantillo on Tue 18 Aug, 2009 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Nathan,

I removed your link because it did not work.

You have to have your image hosted on the Internet to link to it that way. Additionally, you can use the "attach" feature to upload it to myArmoury.com so that others can see.

You can read our Attachment Guide for help.
My best "Captain Morgan" at the Silverleaf Renn Faire...

Attachment: 145.26 KB
DSCN4575.jpg

Jeff A. Arbogast wrote:
My best "Captain Morgan" at the Silverleaf Renn Faire...

Oh yes, I'll take a great helm with crest any day. Looks great!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 24 of 100

Jump to: