Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Viceroy/Regent hybrid with 15th c. scabbardRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: For Sale: Albion Viceroy/Regent hybrid with 15th c. scabbard         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

This is a hybrid of the Albion Viceroy and Regent. It was originally the personal sword of John Gage, who used to work for Albion and assembled it during his time there. Albion has flat out said that they will not make another one, so it is one of a kind. It comes with a high end 15th century scabbard with belt suspension made by John Gage. All of the metal parts of the scabbard were hand made by him as well, and the leather is hand stiched shut on the back. The scabbard is one of the nicest I've ever seen, and fits the sword perfectly.

[ Linked Image ]

The sword has been used for some cutting, but is otherwise in brand new condition. There is some minor discoloration on the pommel from being gripped, but I can probably buff that out pretty easily.

Its a beefy sword, but in a good way. It feels quite powerful, but is also graceful in how it moves. It hits with authority, but doesn't fight the user when in motion.

More detailed pictures to be found in my collection gallery:
http://www.myArmoury.com/bill_swor_alb_regroy.html?12

Stats:
Overall length: 46.5"
Weight: 3.56 pounds
Width of guard: 8.75"
Blade: 35.25" long; 2.125" wide tapering to .625"
Grip length: 7.5"
Point of Balance (PoB): 4.25" from guard
Center of Percussion (CoP): ~20.75" from guard

I am asking $2400. This will include shipping to the continental US. Anyone outside of the US will have to pay for shipping themselves.

I should point out that I'm not selling this because I'm dissatisfied with the sword (its among my favorites), but because I'm trying to save up for a much more expensive sword, and something has to go. If this sword doesn't sell, I won't lose any sleep. Happy But as such, I'm not really interested in trades. That doesn't mean I won't consider something, though, so if you have a trade you'd like to offer, it doesn't hurt to ask.

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 01 Aug, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've had a lot of people offer partial trades/cash for this one, but no trades that I was interested in, unfortunately. I'm still mainly looking for cash, but feel free to make me an offer either way. The worst I can say is "no". Happy

HistoricalHandcrafts.com

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 04 Aug, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like this one is now sold pending payment. Thanks everyone!

HistoricalHandcrafts.com

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Viceroy/Regent hybrid with 15th c. scabbardRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic