Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Luke Ireland wrote:
The coat of arms belongs to Sir William De La Zouche, who married Eleanor De Clare after that pesky Hugh Despencer was safely out of the way.

It looks a lot like the īGeldermalsenī coat of arms, never seen a type like that, with the coins
Finally, I tried the pieces I have on today, especially the cuisse were worn for the first time now. The movement is nice now that the joint is correctly placed by proper tying the pair to the pourpoint.
Still, some modifications have to be made.

Attachment: 111 KB
HPIM1709.JPG

Last edited by Felix R. on Sun 28 Jun, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
My 16 year old son, Zachary, decided he wanted to begin studying Fiore's swordmanship, like myself. This weekend, I gave him his first intensive class en arma. Sporting his Irish/Germanic heritage well at 6' 2" and 220 lbs, not only is he already visually intimidating, but he is already a pretty aggressive sparring partner that will not hesitate to put 110% effort (and weight) behind the blade. Below is a photo of him in my 14th C composite harness.

He has done his old (well, not quite that old yet) man proud! :D

WOW, Johnathan. Your boy is quite the tank! I like the relaxed "Bring it!" expression. lol. Good stuff.

JE Sarge wrote:

He has done his old (well, not quite that old yet) man proud! :D

TMT armour
Here's the parts of harness I have at this time, the B&B is being shipped as I understand, so I'll be updating pics shortly.

[ Linked Image ]

First attempt at any type of armour kit, so I've all kinds of questions. Allan has been more than helpful, I cannot say enough about his service.

I've another question:

What are these little grommetted holes for on the spaulders?

[ Linked Image ]
Maybe, to attach them to your doublet when you donīt attach them to the collar?
Quote:

Give the man a prize. Michael, both our arms and shoulder harness come set up to either be busckled to a gorget or lace to points on an arming garment., whichever is desired by the user.
New Pic.
I've added a note to the picture in an attempt to be as specific as possible as to where these holes are.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scadougal/3666195306/
Mike, I got it now. Those are for the use of besagues.
Allan Senefelder wrote:
Mike, I got it now. Those are for the use of besagues.

Gotcha! Thanks again for all of your information. I mean, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm just wondering what those things were for. They seemed to have a purpose.
Quote:
I mean, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything,

Not at all, answering questions is part of the job and our pleasure.
Allan Senefelder wrote:
Quote:

Give the man a prize. Michael, both our arms and shoulder harness come set up to either be busckled to a gorget or lace to points on an arming garment., whichever is desired by the user.

you could attach besagews there
Here's some pics of my other set of kit. I wear this one to later period multi bashes. The last one is me and a few of the lads at Tewkesbury last year.

Attachment: 208.67 KB
s1a.JPG

Attachment: 207.09 KB
s1b.JPG

Attachment: 196.45 KB
z1.JPG

This is my 1340's jousting harness pretty much finished. Just need to finish sewing the mail to its under padding and a couple of little modifications.

Rod,

That is an amazing kit! I love the raven wings coming off the back.

I am very inspired.
That's some good looking kit you've got there, Rod. I like the contrasting colour of the chauses.
Thanks. I didn't want to go too black.

Der Schwarze Ritter is coming for YOU!!!!
Rod, I love your kit! (Actually, I've loved all of the kits you've shown!)

Out of curiosity, is there a reason that your dagger blade partially proturdes from the mouth of the sheath, or did it just happen to not be all the way in?
That is great looking harness Rod, but the red-eye is a little worrying. Just who is in that armour? :)
Lord Soth.

M.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 22 of 100

Jump to: