Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Join me in thanking Nathan and the myArmoury team Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
R D Moore

Reading list: 11 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Join me in thanking Nathan and the myArmoury team         Reply with quote

I just read Nathan's post about the server trouble he is fixing and I wanted to extend my appreciation to him and the team for the time, work and money they put into this site. Personally I think it's the best forum of it's kind in the world, unique in it's focus, and for many of us, the #1 source in our search for historical acuracy, product reviews, and information sharing. Where else can we search and find how to do a wire wrap with a turk's head knot on a grip rework, or to make a historically acurate scabbard, or the correct maille pattern for the kit we're studying? Thank you Nathan for your dedication to us. And thank you myArmoury team and contributors for your help and sacrafice. I appreciate you. Tahnks.
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation" ...Gen. Douglas Macarthur
Nathan M Wuorio

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I agree completely. Out of all of the forums and sites I have found, this is the best one out there. I check it every day to see if there are any interesting topics, and there always are. Thank you very much for this amazing site, I recommend it to anyone interested in weapons and armour.
Nathan.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan M Wuorio wrote:
I agree completely. Out of all of the forums and sites I have found, this is the best one out there. I check it every day to see if there are any interesting topics, and there always are. Thank you very much for this amazing site, I recommend it to anyone interested in weapons and armour.

Agreed, and no surprise considering the number of posts I'm up to that I spend a lot of time here. Wink Laughing Out Loud

Lots of work to keep things going normally and a lot of stress when there is a big GLITCH in the server. Cry ( Oh, for Nathan and the moderators/collaborators, not for me by the way as I mostly just enjoy the benefits. Big Grin ).

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
J. Erb

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't post much, but I try to visit at least once a day, and I almost always learn/read/uncover something fascinating -- a big thanks to Nathan and the team for providing this amazing resource. I'm not a technical person, so I can only imagine the work, and money, that it requires. (I swear, I really will donate once the looming bills stop eating my limited income. Blush )
"What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause, to use their own knowledge against them?"
Lancelot Chan
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would like to express my gratitude to Nathan and the team here as well for putting so much effort to make this place a well organized, focused and friendly stay for all sword lovers.
Ancient Combat Association —http://www.acahk.org
Realistic Sparring Weapons — http://www.rsw.com.hk
Nightstalkers — http://www.nightstalkers.com.hk
Colt Reeves

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I didn't see Nathan's post about the server yet, but I do want to say "tahnk"* you to him and all members of the team. This site taught me the difference between sword-like objects and the real deal. I raise said swords in salute to you all.

* Sorry, couldn't resist. Wink
J. Scott Moore

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

YES!! thanks so much for the site, I have learned so much from you guys. I hope that I can make a valuable contribution to the site someday, but right now, money is... difficult to come by. military payroll being what it is, and all. I usually spend several hours a day, cruising topics, learning all I can from the debates.
"Whoever desires peace, let him prepare for war."
-Vegetius
Michael B.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yes, thank you so much Nathan and Team. Granted, I don't post a lot, but I am on multiple times a day. In fact, I think I have an addiction, last night when I couldn't pull up the website, I was getting so testy the girl had me go outside and cut things with my longsword, because I wouldn't shut up about not being able to do my nightly reads. Thanks for this wonderful site where one can learn, grow, and interact with other like minded individuals.
www.facebook.com/bearmountainforge2
Michael Bergstrom
Artis Aboltins

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Indeed, thank you guys for dooing all the work that keeps this site going - it has become an invalluable resource for many of us and allowed to exhange ideas and knowledge in friendly and calm atmosphere. And I know full well how little appreciation do the teams that keep such things going tend to recive so this is a good chance to say big THANK YOU.
Jimmy Reinstatler

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I may not post much, but I can definitely agree with this. Nathan and the rest of the team, my heartfelt thanks to you for all of your hard work!
Bennison N

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I agree with everything everyone has said so far, but I want to add a couple of things.

I really appreciate Nathan's help through PMs in selecting a suitable Western Sword. I want him to know I've already become reasonably proficient, and spend as much time practising with it as I do with my Jian.

And Chad's knowledge of what the site contains is amazing.

Awesome, you guys!

"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance" - Confucius

अजयखड्गधारी
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for creating and maintaining this great site Nathan (and the other admins); it's the best one out there.
www.addisondelisle.com
Maurizio D'Angelo

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I appreciate and thank the efforts of Nathan and the team Armoury.com. To me, this site should be preserved like a museum exhibit. God help our server.
Exclamation

Last edited by Maurizio D'Angelo on Thu 28 May, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just really glad that its here as a resource. Cool
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you very much to all of you guys who posted here. I really do appreciate it. It makes me a bit uncomfortable but I don't want to seem unappreciative so wanted to acknowledge your kindness.

Tomorrow might be a big day. I will probably just make the call to do the big move to a completely new server. It's going to be a newly assembled box of our own--no sharing with other sites, etc. This will mean a whole new investment of time and cash on my part, but I have to put this issue to rest. I've been chasing the problem too long and have to get in front of it.

Thanks for everybody's patience.

And for the record, I think this site is pretty kick-ass if I say so myself. For me, it's really about the people that surround it--the community--and what gets shared daily on this place. I've been involved with many dozens of communities on the 'net and this has proved to be one hell of a unique gem. Maybe it's due to pure luck or other factors, but I'm thankful for it regardless.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Justin King
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Thu 28 May, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wanted to add my thanks, this is the best historical arms and armor site out there in my book and I am grateful to Nathan and the myArmoury team for their efforts.
Sam Gordon Campbell

PostPosted: Fri 29 May, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I concur, great job, great advice, great people and a great site. Tahnks.
Member of Australia's Stoccata School of Defence since 2008.
Host of Crash Course HEMA.
Founder of The Van Dieman's Land Stage Gladiators.
Matthew D G

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Fri 29 May, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My deepest thanks to Nathan and the team! You have made this site a joy to use!
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes."
C.L. Miller

PostPosted: Sun 31 May, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My great thanks to Nathan and to everyone who makes this site the remarkable place that it is. The subject is broached not infrequently, but it cannot be said often enough how special a place this is. I cannot think of any other forum or web community in which people are so appreciative of their host and of each other. The donation drives and the responses which they generate are the most obvious proof this... where else are you likely to encounter an anonymous donor willing to spend many hundreds of dollars upon on a sword to be given away as a prize, solely for the benefit of the community and of its members?
Thank you all. Thank you for your civility, for your earnestness and for all of your help. Most of all, thank you Nathan for your hard-work, your dedication and your selflessness in keeping this community alive.
Ed Toton

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 01 Jun, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I must also offer my heartfelt thanks for this site. It's currently the only one that I regularly donate to. The level of quality here, in the reviews, features, forum, community, is unmatched, IMHO.

Huzzah!

-Ed T. Toton III
ed.toton.org | ModernChivalry.org
My armor photos on facebook

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Join me in thanking Nathan and the myArmoury team
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: