Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Thoughts on the book Armor From Ancient To Modern Times? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 06 May, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Thoughts on the book Armor From Ancient To Modern Times?         Reply with quote

Does anyone have the book Armor From Ancient To Modern Times by Petr Klucina with illustrations by Pavol Pevny? If so, what do you think of it? There are no reviews on Amazon or in myArmoury's Bookstore. It does appear in our Bibliography.

Any info out there on this title?

Thanks!

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Norman McCormick

PostPosted: Wed 06 May, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi,
This title available s/hand for a few dollars through ABE Books. Title search will bring up s/hand dealers in USA with this in stock along with price and shipping costs, hope this is of some assistance.
Regards,
Norman.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 06 May, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Norman McCormick wrote:
Hi,
This title available s/hand for a few dollars through ABE Books. Title search will bring up s/hand dealers in USA with this in stock along with price and shipping costs, hope this is of some assistance.
Regards,
Norman.

Norman,
Thanks! I'd run into this book before and it does appear to be cheap on all the used book sites. My question is whether it's a good book to have. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Norman McCormick

PostPosted: Thu 07 May, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That will teach me not to read and answer posts whilst feigning complete and undivided attention to the sweet sound of my wife going over tomorrows shopping list.
My Regards,
Norman. Blush Blush Blush
C. Gadda

PostPosted: Thu 07 May, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on the book Armor From Ancient To Modern Times?         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Does anyone have the book Armor From Ancient To Modern Times by Petr Klucina with illustrations by Pavol Pevny? If so, what do you think of it? There are no reviews on Amazon or in myArmoury's Bookstore. It does appear in our Bibliography.

Any info out there on this title?

Thanks!

I have a copy. It is just good enough for me to hang on to, but not one that I would recommend spending a lot on.

On the plus side, it is lavishly illustrated, albeit with colour artist renditions rather than photos. The main problem is the text, which appears to suffer from translation. It is not that it is hard to read or in pidgin English, but I think the translator was not well versed in the subject, and some of the vocabulary choices reflect that. I also question some of the assertions made, but they are the typical statements one finds in a more general work on the subject.

In the end I think its worth having, but not something one should spend alot on.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Thoughts on the book Armor From Ancient To Modern Times?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic