For Sale: 2500 Years of European Helmets (rare book)
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

This is my old copy of Howard Curtis's great book, 2,500 Years of European Helmets. Howard Curtis was a Hollywood stuntman and collector of arms and armour. This book pictures around 150 helmets with descriptions and some period art. Some helms are ones often published elsewhere but many are ones not often (or ever) seen. Some items are from the now-dispersed Curtis collection, others from famous museums and private collections. It shows a dozen or so great helms from the 13th and 14th centuries, easily the most of any publication I've seen. It's an absolutely fantastic book and one of my favorites. Armourers should have it in their library as should any serious student of armour.

I've posted many pics out of it, including Great Bascinets, a Venetian great bascinet, and early 16th century burgonets.

This book is one of the rarer titles. It was published in 1978 and copies are hard to find these days. When copies can be found, they are often in the $300-400+ range.

This copy lacks its dust jacket but is otherwise in good shape. There is very, very slight discoloration to the pages' edges from age, dust, and reading, but nothing out of the norm for aging books. The leather binding is tight and the gilded lettering in good shape. The corners don't even look bumped. I've wrapped the book in a clear protector to keep the gilding in good shape.

Asking $215 + s/h for this rare and much-sought-after book. Money orders accepted, PayPal preferred (please add 3% for PayPal transactions). I'll listen to price offers and interesting trade offers from the hagglers out there, though this is a great price for this book.

Attachment: 124.53 KB
Curtis cover.jpg
Cover of the book.
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Just a quick note to report that I received the Curtis book purchased from Chad. It is "as advertised" and I appreciate the smooth transaction and good communcation.

Regards,
Dan

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: