Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Problems with Ordering at The Rifle Shoppe Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Raimund Kastler

PostPosted: Wed 08 Apr, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Problems with Ordering at The Rifle Shoppe         Reply with quote

Dear Forum members,
I definitely need help
Has any one experiences with ordering "The Rifle Shoppe"?
Is this company still existing ?? I have placed my order and have already paid nearly two years ago. Since that time I have been fed with hopes again and again, telling me that the ordered items will be delivered in two weeks time.

Is this normal??

Yours Raimund Mad
Ian Hutchison

PostPosted: Wed 08 Apr, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What were you ordering? For many cases I should think a two year wait is quite unusual.
'We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose.' - Adrian Carton de Wiart
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Wed 08 Apr, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with Ordering at The Rifle Shoppe         Reply with quote

Raimund Kastler wrote:
Dear Forum members,
I definitely need help
Is this company still existing ?? I have placed my order and have already paid nearly two years ago. Since that time I have been fed with hopes again and again, telling me that the ordered items will be delivered in two weeks time.

Is this normal??

Yours Raimund Mad

The company is still in business and as far as I know filling orders. What did you order from them? Have you contacted them recently?

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Jason Mather

PostPosted: Wed 08 Apr, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not at all surprising. The Rifle Shoppe is notorious for this sort of thing. I always ask if the item I want is in stock before ordering. I think they take orders on the less popular stuff until they have enough to make it worth casting the part. I will say this, they are good about refunding money when asked.
Lin Robinson

PostPosted: Wed 08 Apr, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason Mather wrote:
Not at all surprising. The Rifle Shoppe is notorious for this sort of thing. I always ask if the item I want is in stock before ordering. I think they take orders on the less popular stuff until they have enough to make it worth casting the part. I will say this, they are good about refunding money when asked.

Well, Raimund is a very, very patient fellow. I would not wait for two years, especially after making an advance payment, to get my merchandise. I think he needs to ask for his money back and look elsewhere.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
David Teague

PostPosted: Thu 09 Apr, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lin Robinson wrote:
Jason Mather wrote:

Well, Raimund is a very, very patient fellow. I would not wait for two years, especially after making an advance payment, to get my merchandise. I think he needs to ask for his money back and look elsewhere.

That's the problem with the rifle shop, they offer things nobody else has... and it can take 2-3 years for items not in stock... but I do understand that they do always deliver to those who wait.

Cheers,

DT

This you shall know, that all things have length and measure.

Free Scholar/ Instructor Selohaar Fechtschule
The Historic Recrudescence Guild

"Yea though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou's sword art is with me; Thy poleaxe and Thy quarterstaff they comfort me."
Lin Robinson

PostPosted: Thu 09 Apr, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David Teague wrote:

That's the problem with the rifle shop, they offer things nobody else has... and it can take 2-3 years for items not in stock... but I do understand that they do always deliver to those who wait.

Cheers,

DT

David...

I am not knocking The Rifle Shoppe. They do provide unique, nearly impossible to find gun parts and their quality is impeccable. However, their catalog states that "most" orders are filled in an average of 60-90 days. It is a small company which apparently produces casting as ordered, with more popular parts in stock. Apparently from what Raimund says, he has been told several times that his parts would be ready in two weeks, over a two year period. So what the folks at The Rifle Shoppe are doing is setting apparently unrealistic expectations for him. I appreciate his frustration as it has happened to me from time to time - nothing to do with The Rifle Shoppe.

Lin Robinson

Raimund Kastler

PostPosted: Sat 11 Apr, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: The Rifle Shoppe         Reply with quote

Dear Forum Members,
thank you for all comments - this really helped me. I finally got an email from the Rifle Shoppe today, explaining me the problems, diffficulties and the smallness of the business.

Lot of nerves would have been saved and misunderstandings avoided by an earlier communication.

So finally all will be well.

Thanks again Happy
Jerry Griffiths

PostPosted: Wed 24 Sep, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Rifle Shoppe problems         Reply with quote

Called The Rifle Shop 14 months ago to ask if they had a frizzen for my Harpers Ferry reproduction flintlock pistol.
They said they did and to send the lock to them for fitting along with a money order, which I did.
I waited for 4 months and called for about 2 weeks and just got a answer machine, no call back.
Then finally someone answered.
He looked the gun up and told me they didn't have a frizzen that fit but they were going to cast one for me.
I waited another 6 months and again had problems getting someone to answer or call me back after I left a message.

Finally he answered, looked the gun up and told me they couldn't do it at their shop but would send it out to another company to cast it.

Another 4 months went by and again it took 2 weeks of leaving messages asking them to send it back weather it was done or not.

Finally got someone to answer, looked the gun up and to my disbelief, told me the company he sent it out to couldn't or wouldn't make the frizzen.
He just put some chemicals on it and all would be fine (probably kasonite)
Then said "Ho, I just realized, the gun has been sitting on the bench for the last three months,I forgot to send it to you.
I couldn't believe this, I told him to just send it and hung up on him, I was not happy.

I received the lock on 08-10-14, fourteen months after sending it and went to the range.
It sparked well for 10 shots and then started to fail to spark every other shot.
After 20 shots it would only spark 1 out of 4 tries, the flint was fine.

I gave up when it would only spark every 6-7 tries.

That's the last time I will ever do business with them, this is completely dishonest and shameful.
I don't believe anything I was told, a complete waste of my time and money.

Somis81
Perry L. Goss

PostPosted: Wed 24 Sep, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with Ordering at The Rifle Shoppe         Reply with quote

Raimund Kastler wrote:
Dear Forum members,
I definitely need help

Is this normal??

Yours Raimund Mad

Raimund:

Pretty much concur with what the rest of the guys are saying. I have had two snaphaunce locks from them. Took tons of work to finish out. Just lucky I got them when I did. Got no clue how that happened so fast. Timing is everything. One wonders if custom would not be better. I do know guys who make custom parts, but...they are not cheap! A Dutch lock might run $1,000!

Trade offs.

Thank you

Scottish: Ballentine, Black, Cameron, Chisholm, Cunningham, Crawford, Grant, Jaffray, MacFarlane, MacGillivray, MacKay-Reay/Strathnaver, Munro, Robertson, Sinclair, Wallace

Irish/Welsh: Bodkin, Mendenhall, Hackworth

Swiss: Goss von Rothenfluh, Naff von Zurich und Solland von Appenzel
Lin Robinson

PostPosted: Thu 25 Sep, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There is a thread on another forum, which is devoted to muzzle loaders, right now on the subject of The Rifle Shoppe. This is a common problem, not only delivery but there were comments like Jerry's about quality issues as well. It is unfortunate that what could be a source for high quality and unusual gun parts has become something of a deep hole into which the unsuspecting throw money. A couple of years ago I waited 14 months for a custom builder to finish a pistol for me, which had a part from the Rifle Shoppe in the lock. While the delay was mostly the builder, when I got the gun the part was home made so my assumption is that he gave up waiting for it and made it himself so there was no further delay.

People are now talking about suing the company although that probably won't make any difference. The best thing to do in these cases is go somewhere else to get what you need.

Lin Robinson

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Problems with Ordering at The Rifle Shoppe
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic