Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

M. Eversberg II wrote:
I've never seen one like that before. And egads man, is that castle carved from a single rock?

M.

I suspect the stones are plastered over :surprised:

Cheers,
Steven
[ Linked Image ]
Old, with gorget, old shoulders and a CoP

[ Linked Image ]

And new, now with new schoulderpieces and a b&b plate!
I think the ear studs might be just a tad anachronistic :p

Nice kit, and very nice fox pelt. Where'd you find that?

M.
Just a little maybe ;)

I've bought the pelt from a mead dealer at the battle at Aarschot. I loved it so I told him I wanted to buy it from him. I think I paid only 20 euro's for it :)
[quote="Christopher VaughnStrever"]
Quote:
I can touch my elbows (With only the plate armour on, pauldrons and all) I can even raise both arms in the air above my head and touch my hands together. With my maile on; there is about a one foot space from my elbows being able to touch each other. If you would like a closer look, I am going to try my hardest to go to the scarbourough faire which starts in early april.

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know!
A.A. Boskaljon wrote:
Just a little maybe ;)

I've bought the pelt from a mead dealer at the battle at Aarschot. I loved it so I told him I wanted to buy it from him. I think I paid only 20 euro's for it :)

Looking for a wolf pelt myself; costs more than 20 euro though :p

M.
My new harness
I have just received word that my new 16th century harness by Illusion Armoury has been completed. They still need to ship it to me, but they did send some pictures. It's hard to tell in this picture, but the helmet is a burgonet with a falling buffe. I am VERY excited to take delivery! :D

Attachment: 43.8 KB
suit_001.jpg

Re: My new harness
John H wrote:
I have just received word that my new 16th century harness by Illusion Armoury has been completed. They still need to ship it to me, but they did send some pictures. It's hard to tell in this picture, but the helmet is a burgonet with a falling buffe. I am VERY excited to take delivery! :D

Hi John,

How many years did you have to wait?

Cheers,

DT

Sorry for the low cellphone camera quality!
David Teague wrote:
John H wrote:

Hi John,

Cheers,

DT

It's been one and a half years since I ordered it.
John H wrote:
David Teague wrote:
John H wrote:

Hi John,

Cheers,

DT

It's been one and a half years since I ordered it.

18 months is not a bad wait time for Illusion Armoury , they made people wait much longer in the past.

Looks nice!

Cheers,

DT
John H wrote:

I would be interested in some other people's technical description of my suit and who could have worn it.

Here's my take:

A 16th century full harness with burgonet and peascod cuirass. Armor that might have been suitable for a landed knight serving in the army of Henry the VIII.

Thoughts?
Hi everyone, just joined the forum.

Good to see some of the great armor out there.

Here is my harness from a few years ago, mid 14th century, Hundred Year War style. The armor consists of a padded doublet worn under a mail shirt and coat of plates, with a bascinet, plate arms, legs and fingered gauntlets.

Attachment: 122.96 KB
[ Download ]
My 1640's inspired kit, for a recenet roleplaying event:

Attachment: 67.37 KB
M&M-50.jpg

A.A. Boskaljon wrote:
Just a little maybe ;)

you go there a lot?
i used to be in the organising reenactment group:d
It was my second time. Can't go there this april but 'll be there in august again :)

It's because I'm from the netherlands so I visit a lot of events in Belgium to :)
The plan is that Joram Van Essen and myself will run a re-created 13thC joust on April 25.

13thC harness, solid timber lances, steel coronels and at large (no tilt)

Testing the lances this weekend.

Some pics of my harness as it stands today.

I still need to make the rivetted mufflers and to replace the coif with a rivetted intergral coif.

Not sure if I will get time to re-do my chausses in rivetted mail.

My barrel helm is being made at the moment, so I had to pose in my Norman helm. :D

I'll get Joram to post some pics of his 13thC harness as well.

My Peter Lyon sword and laced scabbard.

My war saddle.

The strapping for my shield.
Excuse me Mr. Walker, but out of curiosity, If you happed to accidently land on you head in that kit, might that result in dire consequences, or is it more an occupational hazard?
My first 15th century kit..

Use the links below the pictures to see them in "HD"

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/NyppoN...natarm.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/NyppoN...rmcopy.jpg

I'm the creator of the arm and leg armour, and Im working on a new harness!

Mvh Anders
My new Lamellar. Will take a better pic once Ive got a new camera sorted. Until then heres a phone camera pic on a really sunny day...

Attachment: 72.15 KB
Image322.jpg
New Lamellar.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 14 of 100

Jump to: