Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Introducing... The Maestro Line Epee de Guerre Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 10 Mar, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Introducing... The Maestro Line Epee de Guerre         Reply with quote

We have just completed the prototype for the Epee de Guerre.

more here:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ma...guerre.htm

It feels great and will make an excellent practice sword companion for the great sword in your life!

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Tim Seaton

PostPosted: Tue 10 Mar, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: kool         Reply with quote

vry kool Cool
been waiting for a while looks great love the deep fuller iam putting my order in tommarow morning
thx ever so much
tim seaton
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 10 Mar, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice work as usual.

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 10 Mar, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Another good looking practice/bouting/stage combat sword. It's kind of heavy, but its analogue, the Albion Baron weighs about the same. The blade geometry probably makes it a good handler.

I put in an order for this sword when the design was first proposed. I got tired of waiting for it and switched to the I:33. I wish I had this sword, but am too commited to another project to buy this model now.
Peter Johnsson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 3

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for your response!

As is outlined in the description, this is a training sword for those who are interested in the earlier stages of the long sword. A sword that belongs to the childhood of Liechtenauer, if you like. It is not intended to be a dedicated two hander like those you see in later manuals, but rather mimic the handling and characteristics of a sword of war of the 13th C (or earlier). It is indeed rather massive, but the blade is not to heavy, while the pommel is large. The mass is so distributed so as it becomes responsive and distinct: massive, but not slow.
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I thought the 13th century sword of war was just a longer handle on a slightly longer blade, compared to the arming sword?

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Peter Johnsson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 3

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

M. Eversberg II wrote:
I thought the 13th century sword of war was just a longer handle on a slightly longer blade, compared to the arming sword?

M.

In a way you are right, but there is more to it than that.
You start to see longer and beefier blades on swords with longer grips already in the late 11th C, even if those are rare. I have documented one that resides in the Bayerisches Armee Museum in Ingolstadt that A Geibig has dated to the 11th C. Quite incredible sword, actually. It has a wide and generous brazil nut pommel and three (!) shallow fullers. Very unique.
It is more than just an arming sword with a long grip. The whole sword is larger.
When you get into the 13th C there are swords that are dedicated large swords. It is given that some single handers have blades that are in the same size range as thos big war swords, but the single handers with blades of that sizer are outside the norm. The Saint Maurice in Torino is one example.
In the 13th C you start to see type XIIIa and XIIa swords in such frequency they are no longer odd or rare: it is a pretty common thing, alongside the smaller single hand sword. All of these vary in size, naturally. In some cases the blade size is shared between single hander and long sword, but most often they are made with specific intention of use, I should think.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Introducing... The Maestro Line Epee de Guerre
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic