Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Invitation to forumites in OH, IN, and KY Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Invitation to forumites in OH, IN, and KY         Reply with quote

I'd like to extend an invitation to all forumites in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky to come to an Albion Round Table get-together. Anyone else willing to make the drive is welcome, also. Happy

What is a Round Table? This party/meeting is a chance for people to examine and handle Albion Mark Next Generation swords. It's also part of a new program by Albion Armorers designed to get swords into people's hands.

Why am I hosting a Round Table? To be honest, I wasn't too sure about the concept when I first heard about it. But after having the chance to play with everything on Albion's table at the Bladeshow (and thoroughly bother Eric, Mike and Harlan Happy), I realized that Albion's website and pictures (both fantastic) only give you a partial experience. Picking the swords up, examining them up close, and feeling how the swords handle gave me a wholly different impression. These are swords that blow away all the production swords I've ever owned or handled, and rival (and best) some custom swords as well. I think it'd be fun to see people experience these swords the way I was able to.

Who and what will be there? Well, me and some snacks for starters, and hopefully some of you folks as well. Happy My Next Gen Baron and Sovereign will be there, as well as several swords that Albion will graciously send us to play with, er, examine. We'll also have some brochures that help explain the design and production of these weapons and hopefully an Albion-made video about how they make their swords (it's in production now, and I'm not certain it will be ready by the time of the Roundtable).

When is it and where do I get more info? I'm targeting the afternoon of Saturday, July 31st at my Cincinnati home. To get more info or to let me know you'll be here, please email me by using the button below.

Hope to see you folks!

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Question         Reply with quote

If somebody was to explore the possibility of getting some mats for cutting?

Not saying I can or will...but hypothetically...

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Question         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
If somebody was to explore the possibility of getting some mats for cutting?

Not saying I can or will...but hypothetically...

I don't know anything about cutting mats, but I'm open to the possibility. We probably won't be able to cut with the swords on loan from Albion, but I'd be willing to purchase a few pool noodles and lend out my Sovereign and Baron for light cutting.

Joe, if you were interested in coming, we'd have my 2 swords plus your Regent and Landgraf. If Albion sends another 3-5, we'd have a lot of different things to play with. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Will not have the Landgraf until August.

Justifying it to myself as a graduation present so Albion is being nice and shipping it after graduation at my request.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Will not have the Landgraf until August.

I'm sure you'll be counting the days. Happy

Like you, I'm sure Mike knew he had a Baron sold when he saw the look on my face at the Bladeshow.

Happy

ChadA

Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sounds like it will be loads of fun. Cincinnati is about a 4 hour drive for me, taking into account that my 1990 Toyota Camry would make it without falling apart. Unfortunately I will be gone on the date, if all goes well I will be on my much needed vacation visiting my brother in Los Angeles.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stephen A. Fisher wrote:
Sounds like it will be loads of fun. Cincinnati is about a 4 hour drive for me, taking into account that my 1990 Toyota Camry would make it without falling apart. Unfortunately I will be gone on the date, if all goes well I will be on my much needed vacation visiting my brother in Los Angeles.

This probably won't be the only one I do, so maybe we can catch you next time.

Happy

ChadA

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am pretty sure I could make the massive trek over to Westchester! Sounds like fun and a good idea. I'll be there unless I am too overwhelmed by New Baby stuff...
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:
I am pretty sure I could make the massive trek over to Westchester! Sounds like fun and a good idea. I'll be there unless I am too overwhelmed by New Baby stuff...

It is a long 10-15 mile trip for you, you know. Happy

Sounds good. Hope to see you here.

Happy

ChadA

David Kite

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Swords I would most like to see there: Landgraf/Sempach, Regent, and Viceroy (if available) since those are the ones I'm leaning toward most. Though naturally I'd like to see them ALL!

Also, count me in as a "be there". I'll send an email too.

David Kite
ARMA in IN
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David Kite wrote:
Swords I would most like to see there: Landgraf/Sempach, Regent, and Viceroy (if available) since those are the ones I'm leaning toward most. Though naturally I'd like to see them ALL!

David Kite
ARMA in IN

I'd like to have a good cross-section of swords. I still have to work out how many swords and which ones Albion will be willing to send. I'd like to have at least one Viking (Vinland), one hand and 1/2 (Regent), and maybe a Prince and a Landgraf, in addition to my 2. If Joe shows up with his Regent (hint hint Happy), then I can have Albion try to send something else.

If you have any ARMA buddies who want to come along, feel free to pass this invitation along to them.

Happy

ChadA

Alex McCracken

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Chad,

I MIGHT be able to make it, but I won't be able to say until much
closer to the event. I work in a one-deep position, and finding
people to swap shifts can be a bear (Saturday night is a normal
work day for me). I'll let you know probably sometime next month.
Sounds like it'll be fun though, and I hope I can find the time to
attend.

Alex

Pray, n:. To ask that the laws of the universe be
annulled in behalf of a single petitioner
confessedly unworthy.

Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alex,
Hope you can make it. It should be a good time.

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jun, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
David Kite wrote:

David Kite
ARMA in IN

I'd like to have a good cross-section of swords. I still have to work out how many swords and which ones Albion will be willing to send. I'd like to have at least one Viking (Vinland), one hand and 1/2 (Regent), and maybe a Prince and a Landgraf, in addition to my 2. If Joe shows up with his Regent (hint hint Happy), then I can have Albion try to send something else.

If you have any ARMA buddies who want to come along, feel free to pass this invitation along to them.

Chad,

I'll plan on attending. Do you want me to bring some of the non-albion stuff or is this an Albion only event?

Also if finances go ok for the next few weeks I'll see about getting the Landgraf accelerated. It will take about three weeks for me to know if I can. Would that give you time to have Albion send over something else? Maybe something like a Knight? Hint! Hint!

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jun, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Do you want me to bring some of the non-albion stuff or is this an Albion only event?

Also if finances go ok for the next few weeks I'll see about getting the Landgraf accelerated. It will take about three weeks for me to know if I can. Would that give you time to have Albion send over something else? Maybe something like a Knight? Hint! Hint!

Joe,
This is an Albion-backed event, so I think we'll just stick to that. We'll catch all the other stuff at our next Ohio/Midwest Gathering. Happy Will you bring your Regent, though? Then I can have Albion send something besides a Regent......

I think this is the list I'll ask Mike for (and see how many he's willing to send):

Vinland
Prince
Sempach (or Landgraf)
Norman, Templar, or Knight
Gaddhjalt

Plus my two, and whatever Joe decides to bring.

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jun, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll bring the Regent and I'll try to have the Landgraf by then.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jun, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
I'll bring the Regent and I'll try to have the Landgraf by then.

Sounds good, man. I appreciate it, and I'm looking forward to the gathering.

Happy

ChadA

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jun, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Chad,

I know it's not NextGen stuff, but I would really be interested in seeing a Rheingonheim gladius, and maybe one or two of their spathae. Do you think we could twist an arm into sending something along those lines?
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jun, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:
Hey Chad,

I know it's not NextGen stuff, but I would really be interested in seeing a Rheingonheim gladius, and maybe one or two of their spathae. Do you think we could twist an arm into sending something along those lines?

I spoke with Mike today, and he and Howy are going to sit down and try to figure out what they can send. So we'll see what they come up with. It also depends on how many Albion-owning forumites bring their stuff for show and tell.

I'll know more when we know what Albion thinks they'll have in stock, and when I know how many people will be bringing stuff.

Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jun, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Question         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
We probably won't be able to cut with the swords on loan from Albion, but I'd be willing to purchase a few pool noodles and lend out my Sovereign and Baron for light cutting.

I found a source for pool noodles where they're $1.50. Is that a fairly normal price?

Happy

ChadA

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Invitation to forumites in OH, IN, and KY
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: