For Trade: 4 of the better Windlass swords (2 for 1 deal)
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I need to downsize my collection to make room. Here are 4 decent swords I'm willing to trade in a 2 for 1 deal if you have something of equal or greater value that interests me.

Right now I'm into Scottish Medieval, Viking, and very early Medieval in general - like a Del Tin Brazil Nut sword would be nice for example. Also interested in certain out of production Windlass like the Loiten, or something along those lines.

From left to right (photos below).

1) Windlass Ulfberht Sword. Reproduction of Musum piece on p 124 of 'Swords of the Viking Age'. Nothing wrong with it, handles good, solid, maybe some very faint scratches on blade. Review: http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/ulfberht.html

2) Windlass Tiberias Sword. Movie replica, but seems to be a reasonably historic transitional warsword form between type XI and XIIa/XIIIa. I did not like the look of the original hilt so polished the steel furniture and replaced the cord wrap with a wire wrap. Pumpkins fear this solid sword. Review: http://www.tritonworks.com/reviews?content=re...w=mrl_soft

3) Windlass Arbedo Sword. Out of production replica of Oakeshott Records XVIIIa4. This is probably one of the last and best they ever made. Some will remember this sword was well liked except for one failing: it was very flexible - but this one is relatively stiff. Known to be a good cutter when sharpened. Solid and like new.

4) Windlass Sword of Auray. Type XV, now discontinued I think. Probably one of the sweetest handling swords they ever made, and quite attractive. The guard on this one is slightly loose - needs a shim in the blade junction. Otherwise solid. Some fine sanding on forte of blade visible if one looks closely.

None sharpened, but fairly thin edge ready to sharpen (like all Windlass). All have original scabbards except Tiberias.

Like I said, I'm willing to trade any 2 for one of equal or greater value if it suits the current direction of my collection. Or the lot for something more special if you want some projects. We each just cover our own shipping. Please PM if interested.

-JD

Looks like I'm open for business again.

Ulfberht and Tiberias committed to a trade...Auray and Arbedo still up for grabs.

Well, now the whole lot might be available again! I have to head off for a couple of weeks (hope to get time for some pictures in the Glasgow Museum) so I won't be able to do anything until March 31. Will review the various offers and preferably trade (or sell) for whatever looks best when I get back. Please be serious about those offers! :)
question

JD,

I just got a chance to re read your original post. I am in the begining stages of collecting but I am also a practitioner so getting two swords would be great, are there any swords you are interested in? I might also consider buying a reasonable sword of your choice for two of those if you are still open to that.
Let me know thanks!

Avery

At this point Arbedo and Auray are committed to a trade.

I believe Ulfberht has a buyer, just waiting for comfirmation (I was away for a while).

Tiberias not committed.

At any rate, I will remove this in a week - its gone on long enough.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: