Collecting Movie Swords
Collecting movie sword is a great feeling for most collectors. Everyone has a favorite movie sword from their number1 move. In the last few years I have seen a growing sword market for both collectors and movies fanatic. One thing that you should never do when searching to buying movie weapons, is to sacrifice quality in order to find affordable genuine movie swords, medieval weapons and daggers.
Some of the most searched for and collected movie swords are from Lord of the Rings, 300, Blade and Kill Bill.
I have moved this topic to the Off-topic Talk forum.

Please note the description for this forum:

"Discussions of general history and other miscellaneous topics relating to arms and armour that do not specifically fit our other forums"

Black S., this topic seems to lack any specific question or proposed discussion. I would suggest you either narrow down and specify what it is about movie swords that you want to discuss, or search our forums for the several pre-existing threads on various film swords.

Thank you,
Gabriel L.
Are you talking about actual props that were used in the filming process, or mass-produced replicas? I'm assuming the latter.

I've thought about the idea of collecting some of the movie replicas that can be found, but they seem to vary greatly in overall quality. The LOTR swords from United Cutlery aren't bad, though they're still wall-hangers primarily (I suspect this is true of most movie replicas). They at least use decent materials and make a nice finished product. I'm of course ignoring the bootleg/knockoff unlicensed versions out there.

Some of the ones from other films I've seen are abysmal. The "Zorro" sword that was out a number of years ago had a lot of plastic components in the hilt (a grip with a very obvious mold seam, for instance), and a rectangular cross-section blade. It didn't even pretend to have any real blade geometry. Awful!

What are some of the ones you like? What drew you to them?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: