Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Patrick nice to have you back even if it does mean that I will have to post a lot to catch up to you in the number of posts. ;) :lol:

Very nice pics by the way. :cool:

Oh, and I'm getting axe envy since mine is smaller, although it's a nice one as you should remember. :D

Thanks Jean. Have no fear, bigger isn't always better. ;)
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Thanks Scott, it's nice to be back.

The Big Johnsson: http://www.myArmoury.com/review_pj_bj.html

You are welcome Patrick. I thought that might be the Big Johnsson. I guess I just wanted to be sure before I put my foot in my mouth. Jean might have axe envy but I definitely have sword envy when it comes to that sword. Congratulations to you for being the owner of it and to Peter for crafting that beauty.

Scott
Γεια σας, ο Πάτρικ! Welcome back. We all missed you.

I was also shocked to see Milestone missing from your family portrait, but its replacement is no less stunning. I ended up taking your advice and buying a Svante. Amazing weapon. How do you like your Lombardy?

Anyway, good to see you back online. :)
Thanks Scott, that particular sword is my absolute favorite of all the ones I've owned. Peter nailed my "grail" sword with that one.

Sam,

The Svante is fascinating to be sure. I love the complexities of the design and the aesthetic flow. The fact that it's a mean weapon is just an added bonus. :D It was hard to part with Milestone, but having two swords of similar design and a pending commision to pay for choices had to be made. I enjoyed my time with it and hopefully its current owner appreciates Vinces work as much as I did. The Barta sword adds another deminsion to my collection. I love the Lombardy. The design is very stylish yet just a bit outside the hilt designs commonly seen on the market, I like that. This year my wife and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. We had intended to renew our vows but were forced to move the ceremony up to next year due to family issues. My wife wants to do a 16th century theme for the event, hence the need for the Lombardy.
Hey Patrick...

It's good to have you back! :D

ks
Good to see you're back! As a newbie, I've always appreciated your contributions here on the forum and in the comprehensive reviews you've contributed. Thank you.
Thank you very much RD. It's nice to know people find value in the writing I've done.

And thank you to Kirk and everyone else for the warm welcome back. It's nice to reconnect with you.
Patrick, I'm also glad you're back. I've enjoyed reading your posts, and the chance to see your collection is a real treat! I look forward to your continued input in the forums. :)

P.S. That Barta sword is lovely!!!
Hi Patrick!

It's great to have someone back with generally similar tastes- though my collection is not as fine as yours. . .

Still on the Barta waiting list though!

Jeremy
Hey Patrick, good to have you back!

I remember,one of the reasons why I wanted to join myArmoury was after looking at one of your posts and being floored at the level of knowledge that you had. You were my first impression of this site, and a good one to say the least!

Grayson
It's absolutely amazing the riff raff that Nathan allows in this place... ;)

Good to have you back guy.
Good to have you back Patrick.

For me, you were always associated to the good old days when I first discovered this site and initiated and hooked to this hobby !

Your knowledge of this subject is admirable.
Awesome colection.

I've never particulary liked black grip on the sword, until I saw your Svante on this picture.

Looks great.
Hi Mate,
Nice to see you back and well,
for some reason the postman still hasnt delivered any of those pictured swords for my 25 year review we discussed, ;) :D
i'm still keeping an eye out,
nice touch with the pommel cross :cool:
Hello,

I just discovered this site yesterday and one of the first things I read was a review of yours on one of Peter Johnsson's swords. I was so impressed with his skill and your knowledge I registered straightaway, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community here.

You have an really nice collection; I'd like to know more about your axe. Who made it, and from what time period is it?

Thanks,
Jacob
Russ Ellis wrote:
It's absolutely amazing the riff raff that Nathan allows in this place... ;)

Good to have you back guy.

There go the property values.....................then again, they're plummeting everywhere else so Nathan probably decided "what the heck". :D
Bartek Strojek wrote:
Awesome colection.

I've never particulary liked black grip on the sword, until I saw your Svante on this picture.

Looks great.

It looks even better in a decent photo....................................
[ Linked Image ]
As you see the grip is actually a chocolate brown, it's just my mediocre photography skills that make it look black. It does look sexy in black though.
Jacob D. Green wrote:
Hello,

I just discovered this site yesterday and one of the first things I read was a review of yours on one of Peter Johnsson's swords. I was so impressed with his skill and your knowledge I registered straightaway, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community here.

You have an really nice collection; I'd like to know more about your axe. Who made it, and from what time period is it?

Thanks,
Jacob

Thank you JAcob,

The axe was made for me by Eric McHugh and is a pattern commonly found in the 11th century.

More here: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=154847#154847
Hello Patrick,

Welcome back. It's good to see that while the pieces have changed, your collection has maintained its customary level of excellence. Best wishes for your 25th as well.

Cheers,
Patrick Kelly wrote:

As you see the grip is actually a chocolate brown, it's just my mediocre photography skills that make it look black. It does look sexy in black though.

Indeed, brown grip. I could sworn it's black from the first pic. Funny what lighting and stuff can do.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: