Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Ren faire garb
Here's myself at the 2008 Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin. Sword is the old MRL/Del Tin "Cut and Thrust" sword, circa 1997, my first "real" Renaissance era weapon. This is my favorite faire, but for some reason, I have very few pics of me in attendance. I go every year to see Craig Johnson and the boys at the Arms and Armor booth, and slobber all over their wares. ;)
Re: Ren faire garb
Christopher Gregg wrote:
I go every year to see Craig Johnson and the boys at the Arms and Armor booth, and slobber all over their wares. ;)

that is easily one of the best parts of bristol :D
It's a work in progress(don't laugh :\ ). I want to add a gambeson to the kit in the future, maybe more period boots at some point, but money is tight right now. The helmet is just a windlass steelcraft sallet that I converted for rapier combat.

The rapier (MY BABY!) is an angus trim 42 1/2" (ish) bladed practice rapier that I hilted myself. The guard is a temp; I have the parts for a new one I'm going to put together(it will be a symmetrical type 43!), but this one works for now. Cheers.

great sets so far....here is one of my civil outfits for a Medieval Market-day...:-)

[ Linked Image ]
i am number 3 from the left...
I'm not a heavy faire goer anymore, but we usually attend the local one, held twice a year. If nothing else it gives me an excuse to put all this stuff on without looking totally out of place.
[ Linked Image ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Page 5 of 5

Jump to: